Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-14-2016, 12:16 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
How is it traitorous?
By saying that the victims of illegal hacks by Russia had it coming to them (e.g., they deserved it, karma, etc.). I interpret that as applauding the illegal actions of a our primary geopolitical foe (something Trump himself did when he said “I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” a statement former CIA chief Leon Panetta reacted to as follows: “I find those kinds of statements to be totally outrageous because you’ve got now a presidential candidate who is, in fact, asking the Russians to engage in American politics. I just think that’s beyond the pale.”). I agree with Panetta regarding Trump's support (and Whell's from my POV) for Russian hacking. YMMV.

Last edited by finnbow; 12-14-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
The GOP has been running on an anti government since 1980 and has seen significant success. Trump won as an anti establishment candidate, he's not going to stop now and this is a constituency safe issue. In the overall scheme of things it's a tempest in a teapot.
Unfortunately his anti government campaign is evolving into a total corporatocracy which in the end will be disastrous for the average taxpayer who will end up making up for the taxes the wealthy and corporations will be relieved of, and for the working man who will see any work and wage guarantees evaporate and end of life safety nets like SS and medicare dissolved.

Trump voters have pretty much fucked over themselves and everyone else but the ultra wealthy.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:34 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
By saying that the victims of illegal hacks by Russia had it coming to them (e.g., they deserved it, karma, etc.). I interpret that as supporting the illegal actions of a our primary geopolitical foe (something Trump himself did when he said “I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” a statement former CIA chief Leon Panetta reacted to as follows: “I find those kinds of statements to be totally outrageous because you’ve got now a presidential candidate who is, in fact, asking the Russians to engage in American politics. I just think that’s beyond the pale.”). I agree with Panetta regarding Trump's support (and Whell's from my POV) for Russian hacking. YMMV.
Based on your argument, mine does.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:38 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Based on your argument, mine does.
Fine, but I just happen to object to encouraging or supporting Russian hacks of our electoral process. I'm funny like that.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
The intelligence community is not disputing that this was directed by the Kremlin. In fact, they said exactly that in a formal release on October 7. What's fake is John Bolton's (under consideration for Trump's Deputy SoS, BTW) assertion that this was a false flag operation, possibly orchestrated by the Obama administration. You seem perfectly content to have Bolton and Michael Flynn spewing demonstrably ridiculous and false shit like this while complaining that the NYTimes correctly reported the nature of the CIA's intelligence assessment.
Oh, you mean the October 7th memo that also stated that the Russian activity couldn't influence the election?

The USIC and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) assess that it would be extremely difficult for someone, including a nation-state actor, to alter actual ballot counts or election results by cyber attack or intrusion. This assessment is based on the decentralized nature of our election system in this country and the number of protections state and local election officials have in place. States ensure that voting machines are not connected to the Internet, and there are numerous checks and balances as well as extensive oversight at multiple levels built into our election process.

So, how again was the Kremlin going to influence the election in favor or Trump?

Quote:
You're really ought to just give up on your silly misdirection and projection when it comes to fake news. You obviously have no idea what it is and you sound more unhinged and idiotic (i.e., like Tom Joad) with every post.
If there's anyone who would know unhinged, it would be you Finn.

Quote:
Bernie was never one of their own. He was a registered Independent. Regardless, your apparent position that the DNC's actions vis-a-vis Bernie somehow justify Russia's actions is as ridiculous as it is traitorous.
Oh, I see. So, even though it was specifically against the DNC by-laws, you're saying that it was perfectly OK for Debbie and others in the DNC to make the decision to tip the scales for Hillary because "he was never one of their own." Pretty friggin lousy attempt at justification.

And you know damn right well that I was not "justifying" Russia's actions. Keep flailing, though. You'll hit the target eventually. "Karma's a bitch", "what goes around comes around", "comeuppance"...pick your favorite expression. Debbie and company screwed Sanders, so no one should be weeping for them if their actions got them broomed.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:48 PM
Ready

If illegal foreign interference with our election doesn't qualify as 'enemy action,' I'm not sure what does.

Treason, per the constitution, ..."adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort."

Denying, defending, or openly inviting the enemy action seems to meet the 'aid and comfort' test, to me.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
By saying that the victims of illegal hacks by Russia had it coming to them (e.g., they deserved it, karma, etc.). I interpret that as applauding the illegal actions of a our primary geopolitical foe ....
I'm sure you would interpret it that way. Most of your "interpretations" of my posts have been pretty self-serving.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:51 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I'm sure you would interpret it that way. Most of your "interpretations" of my posts have been pretty self-serving.
Most of your interpretations have been defense of treason.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:00 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Oh, you mean the October 7th memo that also stated that the Russian activity couldn't influence the election?

The USIC and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) assess that it would be extremely difficult for someone, including a nation-state actor, to alter actual ballot counts or election results by cyber attack or intrusion. This assessment is based on the decentralized nature of our election system in this country and the number of protections state and local election officials have in place. States ensure that voting machines are not connected to the Internet, and there are numerous checks and balances as well as extensive oversight at multiple levels built into our election process.
You conveniently skipped the first sentence:

The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process.

What you highlighted is their belief that voting machines can't be hacked via the Internet - a true statement that doesn't contradict the point they made in the first paragraph. They're drawing a distinction between email hacking (which they believe the Russians did) and hacking voting machines (which they didn't).

I'm tired of going around in circles with you on this. If you're trying to somehow draw an equivalency between Trump, Flynn and Bolton spewing fake news with the NYTimes accurately reportedly on a CIA analysis that you don't like, you're pissing in the wind, but too obtuse to understand why your feet are wet.

I'm done with this thread until the next time you post a bogus "fake news" article from the WashPost or the NYTimes, at which time I'll again be happy to point out how ridiculous you are.

Last edited by finnbow; 12-14-2016 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I interpret that as applauding the illegal actions of a our primary geopolitical foe (something Trump himself did when he said “I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” a statement former CIA chief Leon Panetta reacted to as follows: “I find those kinds of statements to be totally outrageous because you’ve got now a presidential candidate who is, in fact, asking the Russians to engage in American politics. I just think that’s beyond the pale.”). I agree with Panetta regarding Trump's support (and Whell's from my POV) for Russian hacking. YMMV.
I found that statement hilarious. Your mileage may vary.