Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I've become addicted to TW for my internet service and cable. I really need to explore the alternatives tho. It has gotten way too spendy.
AT&T Uverse is available in your area. They are not required to franchise because they deliver their signal over two wire instead of cable. They can compete with TW.

The picture quality is excellent. I switched from Cox who put a new digital cable system in about ten years ago. When I first turned the set on I noticed an immediate picture quality improvement. It can be delivered by any cable/computer network the home is wired with but, why bother, the wireless cable boxes work fine so you can place your TV anywhere in the room you want to. Good for us audiophools who like to move whole rooms around to get just the "right" sound.

I have heard that they may be the first to offer an a la carte channel lineups since they are all digital at the Uverse computer centers.

There are some drawbacks. You have to be within a mile of a VRAD. I can see one out my window, but I am 2,700' away because it loops the whole area before getting to me. If you run multiple TV's, and have a couple of online gamers in the house, all on at the same time, you can run out of bandwidth. This has been addressed with faster Sun servers and multiple petabyte memory modules that were installed for future 3D channels. ESPN 3D is already up and running here.