Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:53 PM
Area Man

A bit of gun stupidity.................

Sunday night a man came to work and got caught selling guns, (Or so he says that's what he was doing.), in the plant. How did he get caught?....................

......Because, after he loaded the cylinder, he flicked it shut and it went off. The bullet went through his right leg, struck the floor, ricocheted up and blew a clock off the wall in the break room. He then tried to walk out into the parking lot with the intent to drive himself to the hospital, passing out on the way.

Personally, I don't see why he was loading the fucking thing with all six bullets, but that's what he did. I think they are lucky he wasn't able to shoot THEM...........

Dave
Old 01-13-2015, 03:03 PM
Rational Anarchist

If this made the local news - link please.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
In Virginia???

John
Old 01-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Something similar happened recently to one of our Congress-critters in her Capitol Hill office.

FRANKFORT, Ky. — Rep. Leslie Combs accidentally fired her handgun while unloading it in her office in the Capitol Annex on Tuesday.

"I'm a gun owner. It happens," she said Wednesday, adding that she was following safety precautions as she unloaded her Ruger 380 semi-automatic handgun.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ffice/4373837/
Old 01-13-2015, 03:31 PM
Banned

Plenty of this in the "Armed and Clumsy" department of Chuck Shepherd's News Of The Weird.

Quote:
Armed and Clumsy (all-new!)

Men Who Accidentally Shot Themselves Recently: A man in Wawa, Ontario, in July, clubbing a mouse with the butt end of a rifle. The 56-year-old man in Sparks, Nev., who brought his handgun with him to "The Bourne Legacy" after the Colorado massacre and was shot in the buttocks when it fell to the floor. Two men who shot themselves in the genitals (a 45-year-old in Birmingham, Mich., in June and 36-year-old Tavares Colbert in Oklahoma City in July). Tough guys like the 18-year-old in Philadelphian who fired the unloaded (he thought!) gun at his own head after his "manhood" was challenged, and the 17-year-old in Largo, Fla., in June who lost in the first round at Russian roulette. Two people didn't even need a gun to shoot themselves: a Modesto, Calif., weightlifter whose dumbbell slipped to the floor in April and landed on a bullet, and a 56-year-old woman in Montoursville, Pa., who apparently carries bullets in her purse, and somehow had one explode, wounding her. [Wawa: [Toronto Sun, 7-21-2012] Sparks: [Associated Press via Salon.com, 8-15-2012] Birmingham: [Detroit Free Press, 6-15-2012] Oklahoma City: [KWTV (Oklahoma City), 7-16-2012] Philadelphia: [Philadelphia Daily News, 6-7-2012] Largo: [Tampa Bay Times, 7-1-2012] Modesto: [Associated Press via WMBF-TV (Myrtle Beach, S.C.), 4-13-2012] Montoursville: [Williamsport (Pa.) Sun-Gazette, 6-11-2012]
Armed and Clumsy runs on a regular basis in the News Of The Weird.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Something similar happened recently to one of our Congress-critters in her Capitol Hill office.

FRANKFORT, Ky. — Rep. Leslie Combs accidentally fired her handgun while unloading it in her office in the Capitol Annex on Tuesday.

"I'm a gun owner. It happens," she said Wednesday, adding that she was following safety precautions as she unloaded her Ruger 380 semi-automatic handgun.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ffice/4373837/
Idiotic blue dog cow. Nobody was in harm's way because the gun was pointed away from Greer? How about some little kid sitting on her front porch 250 yards down the street from the KY Capitol Annex building? How TF can Combs say nobody was in harm's way...she doesn't have a goddamn clue if anybody else might have been in harms way.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:55 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Hell no, it didn't make it into the local news! Do you think my employer is going to stand for the embarrassment? Or the local redneck government of Suffolk, Virginia for that matter?

Dave
Old 01-14-2015, 11:15 AM
Koch-Teapublican

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Hell no, it didn't make it into the local news! Do you think my employer is going to stand for the embarrassment? Or the local redneck government of Suffolk, Virginia for that matter?

Dave
http://www.suffolknewsherald.com/201...ooting-self-2/

Hmmm, if this is him, and I don't know if it is, you should also share share your story with the local authorities...
Old 01-14-2015, 11:26 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS... View Post

Hmmm, if this is him, and I don't know if it is, you should also share share your story with the local authorities...
At the risk of exposing my Bagger Bloomers - thanks for the link.

Last edited by nailer; 01-14-2015 at 12:05 PM. Reason: make better.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:11 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS... View Post

Yep, that's him. Thanks, Jim. His nickname is "Rabbit". That's the first I've seen of it since the incident. Rumor is the guy is quite a gun-nut, owns hundreds of the things.

Dave