Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-24-2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I am planning on being out of the USA on 21 January.
That'll show him!
Old 11-24-2016, 06:37 PM
Persona non grata

In your face you Hillarybot Muthafuckas!

Last edited by Tom Joad; 11-24-2016 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I am planning on being out of the USA on 21 January.
Hiking or driving to Tijuana?
Old 11-24-2016, 08:13 PM

Trump will not appoint a single outsider to either his cabinet, nor have any advisors who are not moneyed, well connected, and well versed Washington insiders. Anyone who thought he would do otherwise, or is doing otherwise, is a fool and a simpleton. Instead of draining the swamp, Trump has built fifty foot levees and diverted the river of Washington insiders into the swamp.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Hiking or driving to Tijuana?
8000 miles across the Pacific.

No smileys for you until after the impeachment....
Old 11-24-2016, 08:14 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Excellent article. I've been watching, but not engaging in, conversations between friends back home in rural Ohio. (In the social media) These are small town people. Overwhelmingly blue collar, Christian and White. I'm not suggesting there is anything wrong with that, it's just who they are. I grew up with these folks. They are my friends and my family.

All they know is that Democrats;

1). Have been promising and failing to bring decent jobs to their area for decades.

2). Have been focusing on issues such as LBGT rights, support for Black Lives Matter, protecting illegal immigrants..............things that have little to nothing to do with them and the issues they face in their daily lives. The issues they take seriously.

3). They are tired of being treated like dumb hicks or ignorant racists. It doesn't matter what you may think of them, they will never consider themselves to be ignorant, stupid or bigoted. (Even of that is exactly what some of them are.)

So, is it any surprise at all that when Republicans turn to them and say; "We don't think you're racist. We don't think your stupid. We just know you want a job.", that they don't fall for it?

We've been talking about tumultuous change being need in the GOP. And it definitely is. But, the Democratic Party desperately needs to change worn out, counter productive methods as well.

These people first felt the Democratic Party abandoned them. Then, they felt the party ridiculed them. Lastly, they felt the party disparaged them.

Why would they vote for that?

I still have little use for the GOP, as it stands. I am concerned that Trump will make life harder for working class people and that he will do it by convincing them it has to be that way..........because men like HIM will punish them with high unemployment if they resist. (Stockholm Syndrome)

But, make no mistake, I understand their distaste for Democrats.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-24-2016 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:28 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
Trump will not appoint a single outsider to either his cabinet, nor have any advisors who are not moneyed, well connected, and well versed Washington insiders. Anyone who thought he would do otherwise, or is doing otherwise, is a fool and a simpleton. Instead of draining the swamp, Trump has built fifty foot levees and diverted the river of Washington insiders into the swamp.
Exactly. It's all going to be about promoting corporate America, now. The businessman is Heaven sent and endowed by God with the right rule with impunity. Unions, Environmentalists, regulators nothing more than parasites to be dispatched at will. Social activists nothing more than noise makers wasting his time with non-issues that he doesn't care about because they make him no money.

Prepare for the coming storm.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Excellent article. I've been watching, but not engaging in, conversations between friends back home in rural Ohio. (In the social media) These are small town people. Overwhelmingly blue collar, Christian and White. I'm not suggesting there is anything wrong with that, it's just who they are. I grew up with these folks. They are my friends and my family.

All they know is that Democrats;

1). Have been promising and failing to bring decent jobs to their area for decades.

2). Have been focusing on issues such as LBGT rights, support for Black Lives Matter, protecting illegal immigrants..............things that have little to nothing to do with them and the issues they face in their daily lives. The issues they take seriously.

3). They are tired of being treated like dumb hicks or ignorant racists. It doesn't matter what you may think of them, they will never consider themselves to be ignorant, stupid or bigoted. (Even of that is exactly what some of them are.)

So, is it any surprise at all that when Republicans turn to them and say; "We don't think you're racist. We don't think your stupid. We just know you want a job.", that they don't fall for it?

We've been talking about tumultuous change being need in the GOP. And it definitely is. But, the Democratic Party desperately needs to change worn out, counter productive methods as well.

These people first felt the Democratic Party abandoned them. Then, they felt the party ridiculed them. Lastly, they felt the party disparaged them.

Why would they vote for that?

I still have little use for the GOP, as it stands. I am concerned that Trump will make life harder for working class people and that he will do it by convincing them it has to be that way..........because men like HIM will punish them with high unemployment if they resist. (Stockholm Syndrome)

But, make no mistake, I understand their distaste for Democrats.
I don't totally buy this argument. Ohioans and others in red states have been voting Republican for years. The reason the Democrats don't really go after them is because they vote for the GOP all the time. Why would they target rural America if they are not voting Democrat in the first place? And these voters have sent to Congress Republicans who have for the last 8 years blocked all of the things a Democratic President wanted to do to make the country better. The forgotten man is forgetting himself. I mean the same people that voted for Trump and Obama in Michigan and Wisconsin are the same ones placing Snyder and Walker in their state houses.

Hillary still won the popular vote by just winning both coasts and Illinois and some Western states. The only thing stopping the Democrats is gerrymandering and the Electoral College.

And I would posit that the internet, right to work Southern states, and VOIP has done a ton of more damage than NAFTA when it comes to closing northern factories and sending them to Southern US states or overseas.

Obama could have easily brought jobs to the Mid-West if only those same Mid-Westerners would have not elected GOP obstructionists to Congress since 2010. Now that the GOP has Trump all of a sudden they want to actually WORK: McCarthy of California is scheduling tons of work days where Bonehead hardly had the House show up at all for their duties.

I think it is way more identity politics than economic issues. They identify with a corrupt Trump even as he castigated a crooked Hillary.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:19 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
...Hillary still won the popular vote by just winning both coasts and Illinois and some Western states. The only thing stopping the Democrats is gerrymandering and the Electoral College...
This was one of the primary points made in the cited article.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
This was one of the primary points made in the cited article.
I was reinforcing that. I just think the Democrats have no chance in the South and middle of the country because of the name itself.

Now this Trump guy who they think is going to bring jobs back to the mid-west has more in common with Putin and other rich millionaires in India and Turkey than with the person that voted for him in the mid-West.

When Trump on tape says he can run both the country AND his businesses at the same time it is evident that this person puts his class above country.
The recklessness and ignorance that a statement like that reveals is just mind-boggling.

I feel bad for anyone in a red state who loses their insurance if the ACA is taken away. But if they voted for Trump it is going to be their fault.