Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Abby Normal

Wow, that is tough.

It's a good thing that programs like unemployment insurance exists in times like this.

Last edited by noonereal; 02-14-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: edit was made to ensure that my post was read as intended
Old 02-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Damn Tim, that STINKS. But you're a man of many skills, so I'm with Sandy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
....Dollar to a donut says you'll land on yr feet, though.
Thoughts and prayers Tim.

Pete
Old 02-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Best of luck sir. You'll be back in the workforce before you know it, so I hope you find the ability to enjoy a little time off. Our blessings to you.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I am sorry to hear of your misfortune at the hands of this economy. I also hate to benefit from your misfortune, but I joined AK at a time when you weren't active. It will be a treat to read some of the posts from one of the founders of AK. Maybe, when you have some time, you can share some stories of AK's early days with those of us who are relative newcomers. But you better get to it fast. I have confidence that you will find something worth your while in short order. Good luck in making the most out of your change in circumstances.

Regards,

D-Ray
Lots of history there for sure

Ended up taking an extended hiatus from AK back in January of 2007, as just about everything BUT my job was going awry in my life.

At that point, my job and my two boys were the only positive things in my life, I was admittedly mentally too inundated after a while to run anything on AK, so I consider that to be fortunate timing, really. It was from there that I started www.crossroadspond.com , to try to fill the gap for me personally and to go off on a new venue.

I don't mean to dominate this thread with the woes of my past by any means, but I guess it's just to bring you up to speed on the reason why Grumpy solely took the reins. It was the right decision, then and now. I've seen Dave become a man that he never thought he could be, personally and in business. He rose to the opportunity, and is truly a self-made man. Not many people can say that, these days.

Today's my first day home, and admittedly I'm beginning to recognize how much my former job consumed me. I worked evenings, Saturdays, what have you, to keep the business coming. It's a bit unsettling, but I began to think about it, and a weird thought that entered my mind was that if I were diagnosed with a fatal illness, I'd be doing exactly what I am now......working on my home, spending time with my children, talking with my friends, and trying my best to smile
Old 02-15-2010, 11:36 AM

Hang in there, Tim. You're bound to turn something up.

John