Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:52 PM
Ready

Checking In

If you're reading here, drop a note here. Want to know folks are OK if they're OK. Speaking of which, Dondilion, give us a shout man!

My own report: sheltering in place with my S.O. and her mother, aged 87. Income, such as it is, unaffected. Oh I had a job I was scheduled to start, but I told them 3 weeks ago I would be a no-show unless they came up with a work-from-home option, or at least an office with a door. Didn't happen.

None of us want any bugs in here, and we're being quite careful.

Last edited by donquixote99; 04-03-2020 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:00 PM
Jigsawed

I am here. Here being Central Florida. Several years ago I made the decision to spend most of the year in Florida instead of New York. One of my daughters who is a nurse in Florida pushed me to come to Florida and wants to make it permanent.

Now I am worried about her. Every time I speak to her she transmits her fear which is heightened as she is a front line worker.

I have a brother who has just barely recovered from the virus. He lives in England.

None of my family is in New York. I have relatives there who often describe to me how dark a time it is.

I am just hoping for better days for everyone.
Try to be safe.

Thanks Don!
Old 04-03-2020, 11:49 PM
Admin

Thanks Don. The missus and I are holed up here at home in So Cal. Her part-time cashier job at Home Despot is on hold until the 'all clear' is sounded. We're being as safe as we can in light of my COPD and various other 'ailments'.

Stay safe everyone. I hope to see you all on the other side of this horrific plague.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:39 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Things are quiet here in Piney Flats.

Everybody stay safe.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:02 AM

Wife and I have been in lock down for almost four weeks. Venturing out only to pick up supplies. Started doing the Kroger pickup thing. Order on line and then go get. Working out pretty well. The few other things needed, or meds printer paper and ink (wife is still her local union secretary after all) were bought and delivered via internet also.

Youngest son is able to work from home and finally after Ky's gov forced it, happened. The other son's job is considered by management as essential. He is an electrician where they make pallet wrapping equipment? Really! Is in home isolation due to a coworker in his section awaiting test results. With my two Grandsons and Daughter in law!
Personally know thinking right now, of at least seven sick from the virus at this time. They are doing OK at the moment. Last week a coworker of my wife's died from the C19 virus. Healthy 66 year old man. Just retired!

Coming to the realization due to the snail pace of reactions and implementation of a total nationwide lock down. This will be a long term situation going on for months. Until it is under managed control in every corner of the country for a month or more.

Made up my bandana masks yesterday and got out some rubber gloves for our added safety when leaving home.

Stay safe and healthy two words to live by everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: png 237244.png (145.1 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-04-2020, 08:06 AM

I'm still going to work, they classified me as essential/critical, because I produce a needed ingredient in the food supply chain.

This is in the Kansas City area. Several of my co-workers have been quarantined for possible exposure to the virus.

So far, my home county doesn't have any reported cases.

Thanks for asking.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:21 AM
reflexionar

We have 899 known cases in Oregon with 22 deaths. Hasn't hit us hard in the central part of the state yet. The County I work in (which includes Bend) has 36 cases with no deaths. The county I live in has no reported cases and the county to the north has reported 1 case.

According to my boss and the state of Oregon I am considered essential. We build clean rooms and environmental climate control and air filtration systems for hospitals, labs, and server rooms.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:31 AM
Ready

Good to hear from everyone! Love the cartoon Oerets!
Old 04-04-2020, 04:36 PM

When Alfred E. Neuman worries, it's time to take it serious.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:43 PM

All is well at my place in mid-Michigan. I have been working from home since March 13. Keeping busy with little projects such building a plastic model (`65 Plymouth Satellite), doing maintenance on my little 12' boat and trailer and installing a fish finder that I bought last fall, cooking, yardwork, ranting on teh internet , etc.

Glad to hear that you all are doing well.

So far I do not know anyone personally that has been stricken with the virus but I have acquaintances that have been on the front line and given grave caution to stay clean.