Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:20 PM

So, did you have a point, or were we just emphasizing that people walk around?
Old 07-08-2016, 01:51 PM

Are all Conservatives idiots, or is it some just sound like idiots?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 07-08-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Are all Conservatives idiots, or us it some just sound like idiots?

Just the louder ones, thinking yelling and screaming makes their arguments sensible.

Barney
Old 07-08-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
I suppose you missed the reports that there WAS a protestor walking around with his AR-15. He was not executed by the cops when the shooting started. He voluntarily handed it over, and then was protected by the very police who were under attack.
Well no, he was publicly identified by the police as one of the shooters, turned himself in to keep from being killed by the police, and now is receiving death threats because police ID him as shooter. So no, his life is now in danger because of the police.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0c590f7e8d038
Old 07-08-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
Well no, he was publicly identified by the police as one of the shooters, turned himself in to keep from being killed by the police, and now is receiving death threats because police ID him as shooter. So no, his life is now in danger because of the police.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0c590f7e8d038
They didn't identify him as a shooter, they identified him as a suspect.
He's the brother of the organizer of the event, and the organizer told him to hand over the weapon to the police, which he did. He later turned himself in after learning the police had identified him as a suspect. The police quickly put out a press release that he was not involved.
Personally, I think open carry is the wrong way to go, for exactly this kind of scenario. If his defensive weapon were concealed, he wouldn't have drawn the attention. That said, it's his right. If he's willing to accept the risks of open carry, I'm not going to infringe his right.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
They didn't identify him as a shooter, they identified him as a suspect.
He's the brother of the organizer of the event, and the organizer told him to hand over the weapon to the police, which he did. He later turned himself in after learning the police had identified him as a suspect. The police quickly put out a press release that he was not involved.
Personally, I think open carry is the wrong way to go, for exactly this kind of scenario. If his defensive weapon were concealed, he wouldn't have drawn the attention. That said, it's his right. If he's willing to accept the risks of open carry, I'm not going to infringe his right.
I pretty much agree, I also think open carry isn't good practice for non-LEOs.

Old 07-09-2016, 12:44 AM
Area Man

I have a conservative coworker who keeps a vicious dog in his backyard, because Lord knows it's a scary, violent world out there and you never know when a vicious dog might come in handy...........

Anyhow;

Tonight, he was upset because his neighbor complained that she was tired of his dog barking and snarling at her kids through the fence. She said the dog frightens them. So, he tells us that he spoke to the kids and warned them; "Don't reach through the fence because my dog might rip your hand off. Then, the law will kill my dog and that would make me very sad.".....

Compassionate Conservatism is so heartwarming.

Just thought I'd share that nice story with the group.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:53 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Exactly. Why facilitate potential killers by allowing open carry of long guns?
Well because the 2nd reads, ".....shall not be infringed." and he's not a criminal until after he's committed wanton slaughter.

This is also why everyone should be able to open carry whatever weapon they damn well please, wherever the damn well please. It saves crazed homicidal maniacs the inconvenience of having to be sneaky.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Well because the 2nd reads, ".....shall not be infringed." and he's not a criminal until after he's committed wanton slaughter.

This is also why everyone should be able to open carry whatever weapon they damn well please, wherever the damn well please. It saves crazed homicidal maniacs the inconvenience of having to be sneaky.
So if I wanted to carry around a bardiche or a crossbow I'd be within my rights?
Old 07-09-2016, 09:56 AM
Ready

They are arms, aren't they? You'd hit a limit at full-automatic crossbows, perhaps.

What's a bardiche, anyway?