Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Resident octogenarian

John I used to wonder the same things, and I agree regarding orgaanized religion, that is why we left the church. Regarding the "no sign of a compassionate God" that did bother me. Many say it was because He gave us free will. I tend to think more of someone who started an experiment, went off to start others (no I don't believe we are alone) and comes back from time to time to see how things are going.

Maybe on one of those visits he saw a lonely, unhappy widow stuck in hotel by the police because her road home was blocked. Saw me heading down I-95 following an 18 wheeler and nudged me off when the 18 wheeler left I-95 and into that same hotel. Since I never go anywhere without my white horse and shining armor I offered her my protection as there were no rooms but plenty of not exactly savory characters. We had breakfast the next morning, and exchanged addresses planning to become pen pals. As you might imagine I am very careful with whom she shakes hands. Just joking, I trust her with my life.