Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:07 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Not then either. You keep confusing hurting an enemy with defeating them. Not the same thing at all.
No me: the stated aim of Hamas is to remove physically the Israeli state.

No doubt in my mind that if Hamas had the nuclear option, it would use it.
Have no illusion about the extreme position of Hamas.

It sees Israel as an intolerable imposition not only on the Palestinians but on
the Arab people in general.

I am saying it is time to step back from it suicidal attitude.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:33 AM

I can not but think if Israel were to treat the Palestinians as equals and stop the settlements. Give back some of the land seized. Take the high road and treat them as neighbors. The populace would come around and stop supporting Humas.

But blowing up homes and killing families will only incite after all.

It seems to me the Israelis want to wipe them off the map. They need look back at their own history of not so long ago and see the error in this.

Barney
Old 07-18-2014, 07:08 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
No me: the stated aim of Hamas is to remove physically the Israeli state.

No doubt in my mind that if Hamas had the nuclear option, it would use it.
Have no illusion about the extreme position of Hamas.

It sees Israel as an intolerable imposition not only on the Palestinians but on
the Arab people in general.

I am saying it is time to step back from it suicidal attitude.
While this may be Hamas' stated aim, the facts on the ground show that Israel is actively wiping Palestine off the map in the West Bank.

http://www.fmep.org/resources/public...esentation.pdf
Old 07-18-2014, 08:20 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I just spoke to my son in Tel Aviv (he works with the State Dep't). He just returned from 10 days in Spain and Germany (he left for Spain before the shit hit the fan) and says that Tel Aviv is pretty quiet on the streets. Everybody is still going to work normally in Tel Aviv. Down the coast in Ashdod and Ashkelon, normal life is impacted quite a bit more. Tel Aviv is in a bubble and probably safer than any city any of us live in or near.
If you must perpetually protect yourself from the world around you with an "Iron Bubble", or whatever those Zionist tyrants call it...........................I'm just sayin'.

I'm no fan of Hamas, but I don't have very much sympathy left for Israel either. I've had it with all of them. I'm thinking there will never be peace in the ME unless we nuke the entire region into oblivion and that includes those "settlement" building assholes in Israel.

Dave
Old 07-18-2014, 08:25 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I can not but think if Israel were to treat the Palestinians as equals and stop the settlements. Give back some of the land seized. Take the high road and treat them as neighbors. The populace would come around and stop supporting Humas.

But blowing up homes and killing families will only incite after all.

It seems to me the Israelis want to wipe them off the map. They need look back at their own history of not so long ago and see the error in this.

Barney
Exactly. They have become what they despise. Hence my acidic reference to "Lebensraum".

Dave
Old 07-18-2014, 08:26 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
If you must perpetually protect yourself from the world around you with an "Iron Bubble", or whatever those Zionist tyrants call it...........................I'm just sayin'.

I'm no fan of Hamas, but I don't have very much sympathy left for Israel either. I've had it with all of them. I'm thinking there will never be peace in the ME unless we nuke the entire region into oblivion and that includes those "settlement" building assholes in Israel.

Dave
Having traveled in the West Bank on several occasions (as recently as last November), I cannot help but have sympathy for the Palestinians, if not their tactics. I have also spoken to several of the settlers, many of whom are ultra-Zionist Americans. I've never met a more obnoxious bunch of @ssholes anywhere in my many travels.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:28 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
There is a time for realism. The FARC/left wing rebels have been fighting in Colombia for decades and have recently realized the game is up. FARC agreed to sue for peace when it discern that it had become irrelevant and the Colombian people had moved past its methods and followers..

It is time for Hamas to be bold...recognize Israel right to exist and embarrass
the Israelis.

It is time to try something new.
I agree. Give the Israelis what they want, then when the bastards continue pushing and killing, they no longer have any excuse and the world sees them for what they have become.

BULLIES.

Dave
Old 07-18-2014, 08:38 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Not then either. You keep confusing hurting an enemy with defeating them. Not the same thing at all.

Well it worked for the Vietnamese.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:45 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I agree. Give the Israelis what they want, then when the bastards continue pushing and killing, they no longer have any excuse and the world sees them for what they have become.

BULLIES.

Dave
I think most of the world already sees that.

Not that I am any great fan of the Palestinians, but the Israelis treat them like shit.

It's incredible to me, after the treatment their parents and grandparents had under the Nazi's, that they can't see that they are doing the same thing to the Palestinians. They might as well start wearing armbands with swastikas on them.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 07-18-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:54 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Comparing the Jews to Nazis is absolute bullshit and perhaps the most hateful offensive thing I've ever heard.

Ever notice that the Jews care about civilian casualties? Not only are the jihadist happy to hide behind women and children, they parade their dead bodies to show Israel's 'war crimes'. There's suckers born every minute though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Kerry should've known better than to trust that Romney lovin' prick Bebe Netanyahu.
Haw! There's something siren like about ME peace that suckers every President into announcing prematurely. One thing Carter can claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Hamas leadership has nothing else going for it that will keep them in power. It's not like Hamas is doing anything to improve the quality of life for the people who have put them in power. If living in Gaza is as bad we're told it is...it's not because of Israel. It's because of worthless Palestinian leadership. So they fire a few rockets and lob a few mortar rounds into a few Israeli neighborhoods and suddenly Hamas are heroes, everybody loves them, and everybody goes happily back home to their miserable existence with smiles on their faces.
Well said. And where's the greater Islamic community? NONE of their 'brother' States in the area will give them more than refugee status. They're happy to send them rockets though, pointing to Israel as the bad guy gives them something to blame other than their pathetic domestic policies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Well it worked for the Vietnamese.
Good point.

Pete