Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Oh the I told you so moment.
I didn't say that but, since you mentioned it, I certainly did and early enough for you and anyone else here to vote for Bernie in the primaries.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Rational Anarchist

The Democrats who chose Hillary over Bernie are not New Dealers and will be blaming Trump for what is their failure.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:27 AM

Democrats Inc. was committed to elect the first woman president to succeed the first black president despite the warning signs. In basketball, this is like letting your streak shooter continue to throw up three's after he has gone cold. You will lose the game and the coach gets the blame, not the shooter.

Hillary Clinton went cold after email/FBI saga. Comey did not help matters from either of his two press conferences, especially the first one. Now Comey has turned into a hero rather than a villain.

I agree that after Comey's first press conference, she should have stepped down. The the ill advised 'deplorable' tag gave her opposition a rallying cry like Romney's 47%.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Lessons learned matter.

The lesson: this was a change election. Trump was in effect a third party candidate. He was nearly as critical of the Republicans as he was the Democrats. His whole message was that the system was rigged against the people and only an outsider like him could fix things. (He even said that very thing.)

The Democrats needed to field a strong change candidate of their own and they has an ideal one in Bernie but, because they had been planning on nominating the first female candidate from a major party since 2008, the party sabotaged the candidacy of a true change candidate who would have appealed to many of the people who voted for Trump, the non-deplorables, and nominated Hillary, a poster child for the American political aristocracy.

What the fuck did they think would happen?

Last edited by Boreas; 11-09-2016 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
The lesson: this was a change election. Trump was in effect a third party candidate. He was nearly as critical of the Republicans as he was the Democrats. His whole message was that the system was rugged against the people and only an outsider like him could fix things. (He even said that very thing.)

The Democrats needed to field a strong change candidate of their own and they has an ideal one in Bernie but, because they had been planning on nominating the first female candidate from a major party since 2008, the party sabotaged the candidacy of a true change candidate who would have appealed to many of the people who voted for Trump, the non-deplorables, and nominated Hillary, a poster child for the American political aristocracy.

That they could fool enough of the people.

Last edited by nailer; 11-09-2016 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:36 AM
Ready

Do not be fooled by the lopsided electoral college result. Look at the popular vote. Hillary's performance was not so awful as every says today. Lots of those states were won by tiny margins. Hillary almost pulled it off, change year or no.

Hell, Interstate Crosscheck may have made the difference.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:45 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
The lesson: this was a change election. Trump was in effect a third party candidate. He was nearly as critical of the Republicans as he was the Democrats. His whole message was that the system was rugged against the people and only an outsider like him could fix things. (He even said that very thing.)

To make matters worse Wikileaks confirmed the suspicions of the independent voters who went heavily for Bernie.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:50 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Do not be fooled by the lopsided electoral college result. Look at the popular vote. Hillary's performance was not so awful as every says today. Lots of those states were won by tiny margins. Hillary almost pulled it off, change year or no.

Hell, Interstate Crosscheck may have made the difference.
Hillary was up against Trump!

Her performance was awful.

Last edited by Dondilion; 11-09-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:56 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Bullshit! Hillary was up against Trump.
Bullshit? You're a bit quick on the trigger there, Dondi. Let's look at the data:

In table, first three columns are the vote % received, by Clinton, Trump, and all others together. Fourth column is trump's margin of victory over Clinton. If column 3 exceeds column 4, column 5 shows the number of electoral votes potentially flipped if enough 'other' votes had gone to Clinton instead.

Make of it what you will. Mainly, I think this shows that Hillary was not an awful candidate, she was a competitive candidate. But she was ultimately defeated by her own negatives driving votes to third party candidates.

I stand by my claim that if all who didn't want Trump had voted for Hillary, we wouldn't have Trump.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Margins in battlegrounds.JPG (67.1 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by donquixote99; 11-09-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:08 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Bullshit? You're a bit quick on the trigger there, Dondi. Let's look at the data:

In table, first three columns are the vote % received, by Clinton, Trump, and all others together. Fourth column is trump's margin of victory over Clinton. If column 3 exceeds column 4, column 5 shows the number of electoral votes potentially flipped if enough 'other' votes had gone to Clinton instead.

Make of it what you will. Mainly, I think this shows that Hillary was not an awful candidate, she was a competitive candidate. But she was ultimately defeated by her own negatives driving votes to third party candidates.

I stand by my claim that if all who didn't want Trump had voted for Hillary, we wouldn't have Trump.
Libertarians voting Democrat? Give me a break. You're assumptions and supporting analysis are flawed. Check out my response to your similar claim in Grumpy's thread for a reality check.