Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Admin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...y.html?hpid=z1

DNI Chief Clapper explains in a rare statement from this office.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:03 AM
Area Man

I prefer the term "atrociously naughty mob"........Or does that sound a touch too.......British?

Dave
Old 09-29-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Unruly crowds always carry RPGs

Pete
Actually they do in a country that just went through a civil war.

The militias have gained power and do not want to give it up. While it is true that America has a 60% favourable rating in Libya there is the other 40% to contend with.

There have been pro American demonstrations in Libya and letters of condolences sent to the Ambassadors family from Libyan groups and individuals. You won't hear that news uttered in the mainstream corporate media. It is far better to go to war with the radical Islamofascist because GE needs to sell another jet engine because daddy needs a new Ferrari Enzo.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I fail to understand why it's a big deal at this moment to assert, one way or the other, that the Benghazi attack was the work of terrorists rather than an unruly crowd. Until all the facts are in and the investigation completed, why is it important (for the GOP particularly) to go out on a limb and attribute this attack to terrorists?
The big deal is due to this administration doing the asserting, as it turns out, and making repeated assertions over the course of two weeks which run contrary to quite a few facts they were aware of at the time.

This president, who is tasked with, among other things, protecting the American people is caught red handed politicizing a major national security concern to cover his and his admin's incompetence through deception and consealment.

Aside from the numerous and serious charges of ineptitude and betrayal of the national interest which this engenders, it speaks to the character of this president and it doesn't speak well. I know liberals often rebut by citing that all politicians are sleazy, mendacious, corrupt... but there are degrees of these things... and although I'm sure there have been unprincipled and weak-of-character presidents preceding this one in history, this president and this admin easily set the high watermark for achieving such dishonors for any of their ilk during my lifetime.

That might be part of why this is a 'big deal'.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
The big deal is due to this administration doing the asserting, as it turns out, and making repeated assertions over the course of two weeks which run contrary to quite a few facts they were aware of at the time.

This president, who is tasked with, among other things, protecting the American people is caught red handed politicizing a major national security concern to cover his and his admin's incompetence through deception and consealment.

Aside from the numerous and serious charges of ineptitude and betrayal of the national interest which this engenders, it speaks to the character of this president and it doesn't speak well. I know liberals often rebut by citing that all politicians are sleazy, mendacious, corrupt... but there are degrees of these things... and although I'm sure there have been unprincipled and weak-of-character presidents preceding this one in history, this president and this admin easily set the high watermark for achieving such dishonors for any of their ilk during my lifetime.

That might be part of why this is a 'big deal'.
How much credence do you think anyone is giving to your version of this issue? How bitter are you going to be when Mitt is sent away to count his money in the Caymans? His money has more experience in foreign affairs than he does.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
How much credence do you think anyone is giving to your version of this issue? How bitter are you going to be when Mitt is sent away to count his money in the Caymans? His money has more experience in foreign affairs than he does.

Regards,

D-Ray

Listen. You can choose to remain in as much denial as you like regarding Obama, but Romney is clearly a moderate. Most liberals have said so themselves when describing him as some kind of faux conservative. Only a moderate has a chance to unite this country once again and only someone with some understanding of economic policy (business background is going to help here) has a chance of offering some real solutions to our economic problems. The idea of Obama might have been a worthy experiment had the man been able to live up to the idea, but we've got pressing problems and it's time to stop f-ing around. That is all Obama and company seem to know how to do. You want four more years of that, get your money in the Caymans too if you've got any left to funnel there.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Admin

Quote:
Listen. You can choose to remain in as much denial as you like regarding Obama, but Romney is clearly a moderate. Most liberals have said so themselves when describing him as some kind of faux conservative. Only a moderate has a chance to unite this country once again and only someone with some understanding of economic policy (business background is going to help here) has a chance of offering some real solutions to our economic problems. The idea of Obama might have been a worthy experiment had the man been able to live up to the idea, but we've got pressing problems and it's time to stop f-ing around. That is all Obama and company seem to know how to do. You want four more years of that, get your money in the Caymans too if you've got any left to funnel there.
There he goes again! Even with four years of Obama history your guys haven't been able to find anything substantiative to hang your hats on. Just a bunch of vague and easily disputed opinions that the black guy is going to take away your money, guns and women. Talking points memo is all projection pure and simple and ridiculous, Mezz but keep on deluding yourself but save your faux sympathy, dude. It doesn't wash and that dog won't hunt, no more.

This election is going to be a referendum on the Tea Party congress more than on Obama. As the new old saw goes, Osama ben Laden is dead and GM is alive, that alone is enough but your guy spouting that nonsense about the 47% at his $50k a plate fundraiser couldn't have been worse for R$R. I'll be toasting the back of your far right, new age John Birch/Ayn Randian fringists on Nov.7th. The republican party is going to clean house after this election and we Democrats are going to be coming for what's left of your turkeys during the midterms in two years. Count on it.

The Tea Party are the ones with failed doctrine and fringe issues if you haven't noticed. Nobody's buying it anymore. Your guys have had their fifeteen minutes of fame and limelight. Now it's time for serious people to govern and for the inheritors of McCarthyism and obstructionism to crawl back under the proverbial rock. See ya again in another fifty years or so. I doubt that I'll be around for the next revival of the 'No Nothing Party' unless Obamacare can keep me alive past 100 years old.

The only way Romney could win would be a remake of the 2000 election but count on one thing this time, there will be plenty of Dems watching the polling stations this time around, like hawks. No more fixing elections for the Repub party, as in the latest kerfuffle with the RNC's Strategic Solutions. If it comes down to the Supreme court stepping in, the right doesn't have fix in as they did in 2000. Roberts and Kennedy are looking to their places in history more than to their allegience to this neoconservative psuedo movement infecting the body politic.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Loyal Opposition

Hey Mezz, it sounds like you're getting a little testy as reality starts to set in.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Hey Mezz, it sounds like you're getting a little testy as reality starts to set in.
Funny stuff there d-ray, a liberal suddenly purporting to espy reality. I count votes yet sir. Romney may reveal himself to be somewhat less than a monster yet... but Obama is not going to suddenly become competent.

We'll soon see. I'm hoping to reinvest in America real soon.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Funny stuff there d-ray, a liberal suddenly purporting to espy reality. I count votes yet sir. Romney may reveal himself to be somewhat less than a monster yet... but Obama is not going to suddenly become competent.

We'll soon see. I'm hoping to reinvest in America real soon.
I hope you're smart enough to see the irony of this statement with your candidate investing heavily in the Caymans and Switzerland.