Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:54 AM

Well, I guess we know where the Libyan authorities stand on the attack. Here's the quote from a true ass hole:

The deaths were confirmed by Wanis al-Sharif, the Libyan deputy interior minister, to the AFP news agency.

Addressing a press conference, Sharif blamed loyalists of former Libyan ruler Muammar Gaddafi for the attack, while stressing that the US should have removed its personnel from the country when news of the film's release broke.

"They are to blame simply for not withdrawing their personnel from the premises, despite the fact that there was a similar incident when [al-Qaeda second-in-command and Libyan citizen] Abu Yahya al-Libi was killed. It was necessary that they take precautions. It was their fault that they did not take the necessary precautions," he said.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...108737726.html
Old 09-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

When did the left decide foreign policy experience is required for office? The same time they decided rich people are bad?

Plus the truly wealthy often have deep contacts worldwide, personal contacts.

Pete
Old 09-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Well, I guess we know where the Libyan authorities stand on the attack. Here's the quote from a true ass hole:

The deaths were confirmed by Wanis al-Sharif, the Libyan deputy interior minister, to the AFP news agency.

Addressing a press conference, Sharif blamed loyalists of former Libyan ruler Muammar Gaddafi for the attack, while stressing that the US should have removed its personnel from the country when news of the film's release broke.

"They are to blame simply for not withdrawing their personnel from the premises, despite the fact that there was a similar incident when [al-Qaeda second-in-command and Libyan citizen] Abu Yahya al-Libi was killed. It was necessary that they take precautions. It was their fault that they did not take the necessary precautions," he said.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...108737726.html
There's gratitude for ya.

Pete
Old 09-12-2012, 11:27 AM

May statement was: that we, (I), don't care how the media is choosing to play Obama's latest attempted deflection/spin. The apology issued from the embassy last night clearly came from the admin, just as Hillary's backing off her "strongest langauge" statement and adding in the apology did. Obama in his statement today is tempering the apology, although it's still there, he's just adding now that he feels that offending religious sensitivities should be no excuse for violence.

His message is again muddled, confusing and 'evolving' on this despite how many times he says "make no mistake". It's just talk anyway, but Romney is correct and justified to criticize Obama's reflexive apologetic stance if the face of an attack on US soveriegnty and the murder of US diplomats.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:52 AM

So you think that a president should spew garbage he may not want to back up? I guess Willard really is your man.
I appreciate that my President doesn't run around flapping his lips and spewing garbage at the rest of the world before he knows the full story.

Carl
Old 09-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Admin

You neocons disgust me. Romney trying to make political hay in response to a small group of fanatical terrorist's attack in Benghazi, Libya is disgusting. It doesn't surprise me one bit that you, Mezz, can't even spell Libya but your response to this tragic attack on our consulate in Benghazi by terrorists shows the depth of your unwarranted and disgusting hatred of the President of the United States. The rantings of a sick mind are all you can display at this time? Have you no respect for the families of these four American diplomats? Have you no decency at all? I can't even fathom your sick and twisted words displayed here this morning while these four American diplomat's bodies aren't even cold yet. You and Whell need to take this disgusting behaviour down the road, the both of you are sick. How dare you?

Last edited by bobabode; 09-12-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:01 PM

I'm pretty sure that apologizing for upsetting the terrorists who killed our diplomats, to the terrorists who killed our diplomats, is about as disgusting/disgraceful as it gets.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
There's gratitude for ya.

Pete
I guess you haven't read what the President of Libya said Pete but you present what a mid level funtionary says as the actual position of the Libyan government? Gratuitous half baked bull coming from you is surprising Pete.
Not so much from the likes of mezz and whell (tweedle dee and tweedle dum of the neocon trash talkers on this forum.)
Old 09-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Until we get a 'clarification' from the higher ups we have what has been presented to the leading news source in the region by a spokesman of their government.

It fits their usual baloney, two faced blame game.

Pete
Old 09-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
I'm pretty sure that apologizing for upsetting the terrorists who killed our diplomats, to the terrorists who killed our diplomats, is about as disgusting/disgraceful as it gets.
Maybe you stand behind and agree with the disgustingly racist and nasty little movie that Sam Bacile produced? Once again you have proven yourself to be an ill informed low life who wouldn't understand a moral issue if it fell on you.