Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
What is suspicious about a kid walking HOME from a store after BUYING candy and soda?

Nothing.

This is part of the problem. People are trying to justify that being black and wearing a hoodie makes one suspicious.
From what I understand, Martin was a "kid" who stood well over 6' tall and was "walking" home by moving between people's homes and through their backyards...in a suspicious manner. In an area which was suffering from burglaries, not to mention in a high crime area to start with.

I'm not so sure that your portrayal of what actually happened, other than the candy and the soda pop, is accurate.

I will admit, a black in a hoodie is suspicious. Not because of racism, but because blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime.

I'm simply stating the obvious. And by the way, if I see some skinhead who looks like the tattooed freak in the sideshow, I keep an eye on him as well. Because they commit a disproportionate amount of crime as well.

Chas
Old 05-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
From what I understand, Martin was a "kid" who stood well over 6' tall and was "walking" home by moving between people's homes and through their backyards...in a suspicious manner. In an area which was suffering from burglaries, not to mention in a high crime area to start with.

I'm not so sure that your portrayal of what actually happened, other than the candy and the soda pop, is accurate.

I will admit, a black in a hoodie is suspicious. Not because of racism, but because blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime.

I'm simply stating the obvious. And by the way, if I see some skinhead who looks like the tattooed freak in the sideshow, I keep an eye on him as well. Because they commit a disproportionate amount of crime as well.

Chas
Chas let's cut the shit. We both know Zimmerman found him "suspicious" because the kid was a big black guy with a hoodie. (as both you and I might, as we both might also find a skin head suspicious simply because of his look and our prejudice)

The kid was not walking between homes as the homes were attached homes,townhouses. Did he veer off the walkway on a corner to walk down a row in the back? Probably. Most folks do if it's shorter.

-----------------------------

Here is the bottom line.

Trayvon was out looking for candy and a soda.
Zimmerman was out looking for trouble.

Zimmerman MADE the trouble he was looking for at the expense of an innocent kid. Then when his fantasy came to life it went wrong so he got scared and killed Trayvon.

It was premeditated in as much as he knew his fantasy could come true hence he had a gun to make sure he maintained control of his fantasy.

Like I said this is not murder legally but murder it is.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Chas let's cut the shit. We both know Zimmerman found him "suspicious" because the kid was a big black guy with a hoodie. (as both you and I might, as we both might also find a skin head suspicious simply because of his look and our prejudice)

The kid was not walking between homes as the homes were attached homes,townhouses. Did he veer off the walkway on a corner to walk down a row in the back? Probably. Most folks do if it's shorter.

-----------------------------

Here is the bottom line.

Trayvon was out looking for candy and a soda.
Zimmerman was out looking for trouble.

Zimmerman MADE the trouble he was looking for at the expense of an innocent kid. Then when his fantasy came to life it went wrong so he got scared and killed Trayvon.

It was premeditated in as much as he knew his fantasy could come true hence he had a gun to make sure he maintained control of his fantasy.

Like I said this is not murder legally but murder it is.
OK, I'll cut the shit.

I think you're as wrong as two left feet on this matter.

Your perception of what happened is diametrically opposed to mine.

Chas
Old 05-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Abby Normal

Let me tell you what I have done independent of any organized neighborhood watch group.

Across the street from my parents home when I was in my mid 20's was an area where people would congregate on summer nights. Drink beer, smoke pot and whatever else.

My parents were very uncomfortable with it but would not call the police nor in anyway acknowledge them.

I was pissed. I decided to go over and tell them to get the fuck out. Mom and Dad panicked and asked me not to fearful that they would retaliate at a later time on the house or them.

So what to do?

Being a stupid, pig headed and yet a respectful son I figured i'd just go over and sit. No gun, no lip service, no nothing. I simply walked over and sat down. I did this several times a week for a few weeks and they stopped congregating there.

Problem solved.

Point is. Zimmerman had already done his job for the night before he got out of the car against the order of the police.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
OK, I'll cut the shit.

I think you're as wrong as two left feet on this matter.

Your perception of what happened is diametrically opposed to mine.

Chas
How can that be?

Tell me ANY scenario given what we do know about the case where Zimmerman would not be at fault.

I sincerely can think of none.

Last edited by noonereal; 05-18-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Admin

Try to put yourself in the kids shoes.

He's walking home and some guy is pursuing him in a unmarked black SUV. He isn't some inner city tough guy. It is night, raining and he is alone walking. Hell, anybody would be alarmed and very concerned for their safety in the same situation.

Wouldn't any reasonable person try to elude this unknown pursuer? What would your reaction be if after all of this an unknown, undeclared neighborhood watch fellow got out of his vehicle and was pursuing you on foot?

This is where we lose the story because shortly thereafter the kid had a hole in his chest and was dead.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Try to put yourself in the kids shoes.

He's walking home and some guy is pursuing him in a unmarked black SUV. He isn't some inner city tough guy. It is night, raining and he is alone walking. Hell, anybody would be alarmed and very concerned for their safety in the same situation.

Wouldn't any reasonable person try to elude this unknown pursuer? What would your reaction be if after all of this an unknown, undeclared neighborhood watch fellow got out of his vehicle and was pursuing you on foot?

This is where we lose the story because shortly thereafter the kid had a hole in his chest and was dead.
It does not matter IMHO what happened after Zimmerman got out of the car. It was at that point on him. Good bad or indifferent outcome Zimmerman was responsible at that point. He clearly made the kid feel threatened. Had the kid had a gun and killed him at taht point he would have been protected by "stand your ground."
But because he threw a punch instead of a bullet he is dead.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:30 PM

For a person who claims to be a neighborhood watch person, Zimmerman violated all the basic rules. Real neighborhood watch groups do not allow volunteers to carry guns or to confront any suspect.
I agree that once he left his vehicle, he made the choice to be the aggressor in the situation.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Admin

Quote:
It does not matter IMHO what happened after Zimmerman got out of the car. It was at that point on him. Good bad or indifferent outcome Zimmerman was responsible at that point. He clearly made the kid feel threatened. Had the kid had a gun and killed him at taht point he would have been protected by "stand your ground."
But because he threw a punch instead of a bullet he is dead.
Yer preachin' to the choir noonereal.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Point is. Zimmerman had already done his job for the night before he got out of the car against the order of the police.
Gather 'round, my brothas and sitsas, fire up the incense and let us meditate on this locus of contention.......that if you follow the foamy mouthed bear into the cave and demand to know what he's doin' up in there?....You IZ gonna wind up defendin' yerdumbassself. But, if you just lay back "observe and report" until back up arrives......yer chances be lookin' more better.

But, no. Skippy gotta go an be a hero........................