Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-17-2016, 01:47 PM
flacaltenn's Avatar
flacaltenn flacaltenn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
It's more a matter of attitude than anything, I'd say.
I'm here to learn and improve my understanding of issues and other opinions. AND -- because I actually missed the group of regulars here..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-17-2016, 01:47 PM
nailer's Avatar
nailer nailer is offline
Rational Anarchist
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
It's an opportunity to perform for the Lib Party this year. To quit the ideology fights and focus on the reality of where we are as a nation. And it's like getting the ball on 40 yard line to have all those #nevertrump #neverhilliary folks out there.

In reality, (and Gary Johnson said this in the Lib debates) -- we support about 50% of what Bernie stands for.. We are Dems with fiscal sanity and Reps without all the moral judgments. Good place to be this year... We haven't changed -- the people have realized that the parties have become the tyrants that we were warned about..
A buddy calls this tyranny American Fascism. That descriptor works for me.

The parties work for the actual tyrants and the tyrants pay their politicians well.
__________________
"We have met the enemy and he is us."

Last edited by nailer; 05-17-2016 at 01:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-17-2016, 01:54 PM
donquixote99's Avatar
donquixote99 donquixote99 is offline
Ready
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 14,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
I'm here to learn and improve my understanding of issues and other opinions. AND -- because I actually missed the group of regulars here..
welcome back
__________________
If things don't go right, go left!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-17-2016, 01:55 PM
Boreas's Avatar
Boreas Boreas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 20,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
It's an opportunity to perform for the Lib Party this year. To quit the ideology fights and focus on the reality of where we are as a nation. And it's like getting the ball on 40 yard line to have all those #nevertrump #neverhilliary folks out there.

In reality, (and Gary Johnson said this in the Lib debates) -- we support about 50% of what Bernie stands for.. We are Dems with fiscal sanity and Reps without all the moral judgments. Good place to be this year... We haven't changed -- the people have realized that the parties have become the tyrants that we were warned about..
Pretty hard to take you guys seriously after watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ug...?v=W1ugtes7ZYA
__________________
Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-17-2016, 01:58 PM
Boreas's Avatar
Boreas Boreas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 20,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
A buddy calls this tyranny American Fascism. That descriptor works for me.

The parties work for the actual tyrants and the tyrants pay their politicians well.
Tyrants like Fred Koch, former Libertarian vice presidential candidate.
__________________
Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-17-2016, 02:42 PM
flacaltenn's Avatar
flacaltenn flacaltenn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
A buddy calls this tyranny American Fascism. That descriptor works for me.

The parties work for the actual tyrants and the tyrants pay their politicians well.
It's become abundantly clear that only 4 people actually RUN Congress. You cannot requisition a pencil or take a pee without those 4 party bosses. They control the dialogue, the legislation, the funding and and assignments. Cross them and you will be working out of a broom closet and facing a FUNDED competitor in your next re-election bid..

I believe the 2 parties are well capable of working for THEMSELVES. and they have a very low opinion of voters.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-17-2016, 02:50 PM
flacaltenn's Avatar
flacaltenn flacaltenn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Pretty hard to take you guys seriously after watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ug...?v=W1ugtes7ZYA
Well Kuddos to RT news for doing that. Not sure why only 3 MINOR candidates were chosen for that debate -- but it points out that we have a robust CHOICE of candidates (about 12 if I remember). .

If you actually sat thru 2 hours of MINOR candidates -- imagine how much better it would be if simply watched the 2 debates that Stossel hosted for the 3 FRONT-RUNNING Lib candidates. Nobody has the support that Gary Johnson has - and he will likely be our nominee again this year..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-17-2016, 03:50 PM
donquixote99's Avatar
donquixote99 donquixote99 is offline
Ready
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 14,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
It's become abundantly clear that only 4 people actually RUN Congress. You cannot requisition a pencil or take a pee without those 4 party bosses. They control the dialogue, the legislation, the funding and and assignments. Cross them and you will be working out of a broom closet and facing a FUNDED competitor in your next re-election bid..

I believe the 2 parties are well capable of working for THEMSELVES. and they have a very low opinion of voters.
Ted Cruz

Freedom Caucus
__________________
If things don't go right, go left!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-17-2016, 04:19 PM
Boreas's Avatar
Boreas Boreas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 20,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
Well Kuddos to RT news for doing that. Not sure why only 3 MINOR candidates were chosen for that debate -- but it points out that we have a robust CHOICE of candidates (about 12 if I remember). .

If you actually sat thru 2 hours of MINOR candidates -- imagine how much better it would be if simply watched the 2 debates that Stossel hosted for the 3 FRONT-RUNNING Lib candidates. Nobody has the support that Gary Johnson has - and he will likely be our nominee again this year..
I did. Watched it live on its original air date. Three remarkably uninspiring choices. Johnson has been around long enough to be on the radar of anyone with sufficient interest and, again, through RT where they're frequent contributors, I've become familiar with McAfee and Petersen. Not impressed.
__________________
Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-18-2016, 12:09 AM
flacaltenn's Avatar
flacaltenn flacaltenn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I did. Watched it live on its original air date. Three remarkably uninspiring choices. Johnson has been around long enough to be on the radar of anyone with sufficient interest and, again, through RT where they're frequent contributors, I've become familiar with McAfee and Petersen. Not impressed.
Macaffee is a certified head case. Never should be quarterbacking the nuclear football. Don't think he actually knows how he moved to Guatemala or whatever. Too much weed or some darn thing. The Peterson guy is too desperate. Too much ideology and not enough realism.

And Johnson is working on his lack of charisma. I hear Rue Paul is coaching him on having some "flair and fizz"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.