Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-26-2016, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I never said that Pym was a FISA judge. In fact, I specifically noted that she wasn't. But you know that so, bereft of real arguments, you've chosen to make this personal. I'm not going to play though. I'm just going to sit back and watch you go down for the third time.
I never said you said Pym was a FISA judge. You keep bringing up the FISA court system when this has nothing to do with the FISA system because you are bereft of an argument regarding the US District Court system, which is the system that is germane to the Apple case. If you can't generate an argument related to the case just say so.

And you we're the one who made it personal, not me.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
I never said you said Pym was a FISA judge. You keep bringing up the FISA court system when this has nothing to do with the FISA system because you are bereft of an argument regarding the US District Court system, which is the system that is germane to the Apple case. If you can't generate an argument related to the case just say so.

And you we're the one who made it personal, not me.
"Pym is not a FISA judge, I can't help that you're ignorant of that."
Old 02-26-2016, 05:17 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
What you mean "we" white man? You see it as a problem. I have no reason to believe that FISA or any other federal courts are too accomodating of the FBI. Particularly the FISA courts. Speaking for myself of course, which is the recommended way for any of us to be speaking, dontcha think?
In my considered opinion, this is where it went personal, Ike. This is getting tedious so, how about you and Boreas just cool it?
Old 02-27-2016, 07:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
In my considered opinion, this is where it went personal, Ike. This is getting tedious so, how about you and Boreas just cool it?
Of course it's where you think it went personal, bob. It's a fucking joke, bob.

I will cool it. I offered to cool it and did cool it both times you requested it before. Of course Boreas wouldn't and didn't, and I end up on vacation without the courtesy of an explanation from you, because he's your AK buddy. Even after he admitted on the open forum to being a stalker. But I'm not gonna shut up about it.

So...see ya, I suppose.

PS - I would have PM'd you with this bob. But you haven't provided me with the courtesy of a reply the last half-dozen times I've attempted to discuss this with you in the appropriate venue, moderator...so here it is. So ban away on your one-way Moderation St., bob.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 02-27-2016 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:55 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_IBVPgalgRAk/TMwuyGLcD3I/AAAAAAAACuc/9_ssTfs3_9o/s1600/Lone+Ranger+Kemosabe+Larsen.jpg
Could someone please embed this image.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 02-27-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:10 AM
Ready

Happy to help. BTW, if the widgit doesn't work for you, would typing the tags work?
Code:
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-27-2016, 01:37 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
They can't do that without cracking their own 'uncrackable' security. They actually may not be able to. But if they can, all the iphones will no longer be 'uncrackable.'
Why would that be the case? If Apple does it on their premises, gets out the information for the FBI, then reloads the iPhone who other than Apple has gained access to the code?

Then I have only worked with computers since 1963 so what do I know ? Other that Tim Cook's eyes are brown.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:45 PM

As far as I can recall Tim Cook has never stated that it could not be hacked by Apple.

Anybody?

Carl
Old 02-27-2016, 01:53 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
Thanks.

I joined because I knew this would be one place where I could discuss this issue in particular.

I have to agree with Tim Cook, it's a slippery slope if you allow government into this phone.

He mentions in the Dave Muir interview that other police agencies have already expressed interest if Apple is compelled to write this cracking software. I believe he mentions the NYPD, and says that they have about 140 phones in their custody that they would like to have a look inside.

Where does it stop?

Here's the interview for anyone who hasn't seen it.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/excl...-muir-37174976
Welcome to the nut house, Where does it stop - right in Apple's HQ they open the phone, dump the contents to DVDs then reload the operating system. How does the cracking code get into public hands this wayy? Cook is blowing smoke up everyone's ass. I have written code that ran inside IBM's operating system it is not rocket science.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
As far as I can recall Tim Cook has never stated that it could not be hacked by Apple.

Anybody?

Carl
As I understand it, he said that the ability doesn't currently exist, not that Apple can't develop the ability. So, his position isn't that they can't. It's that they shouldn't.