Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
. . .BTW, you don't have to be a lawyer to handle bankruptcies. . . .
You have to be a lawyer to represent clients in bankruptcy court. Can we agree on that?
Old 11-18-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
You have to be a lawyer to represent clients in bankruptcy court. Can we agree on that?
It depends on how it proceeds. All the paperwork and the forms can be prepared by a non-lawyer. If the case goes into AP you would have to be represented by a lawyer.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:16 AM

What a country!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/?_nkw=twinki...d=412319860381

John
Old 11-18-2012, 11:44 AM

What a lucky break for these workers. Now they will have the opportunity to start their own businesses, and with the shelf space now vacated by Hostess, they'll have a good shot at getting their products out there.
Obama has created such a great climate for them too- lower taxes, no worries about healthcare coverage, small biz incentives.
I'm sure they are highly skilled, just needed to get out from under the lousy management.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
What a lucky break for these workers. Now they will have the opportunity to start their own businesses, and with the shelf space now vacated by Hostess, they'll have a good shot at getting their products out there.
Obama has created such a great climate for them too- lower taxes, no worries about healthcare coverage, small biz incentives.
Maybe Grupo Bimbo will end up being a "white knight", buy Hostess and keep the company going. Then those union slugs would be working for a bunch of beaners. That would teach 'em, right?

Quote:
I'm sure they are highly skilled, just needed to get out from under the lousy management.
Read the news. That's EXACTLY the problem.

John

Last edited by Boreas; 11-18-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
We are under Bush era (REPUBLICAN) tax rates duh....it must suck be a Tea Party guy now. Oh I did not thank you guys for your role in the re-election of the President. Just keep on nominating clowns and witches so it is easier for us liberals to win at the general election THANKS!
Old 11-18-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
We are under Bush era (REPUBLICAN) tax rates duh....it must suck be a Tea Party guy now. Oh I did not thank you guys for your role in the re-election of the President. Just keep on nominating clowns and witches so it is easier for us liberals to win at the general election THANKS!
Obie lowered taxes like 13 or 19 times, didn't you hear him?
Truthfully, I gotta tell ya, I'm ok with another 4 years of Obie. I kinda wish the Dems woulda taken the house. Then maybe a third party would have a chance in 2016 or 2020.
I'm in the most recession proof spot in the nation, bring it on.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Truthfully, I gotta tell ya, I'm ok with another 4 years of Obie. I kinda wish the Dems woulda taken the house. Then maybe a third party would have a chance in 2016 or 2020.
This would be a third party to the right of the Republicans? With its ideology firmly rooted in Tea Party "principles? No doubt with "Mama Grizzly" as their leader?

Good luck with that.

Quote:
Rooting for the suffering of others for political gain?

"Uniquely American".

John
Old 11-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Admin

Quote:
I hate to break it to you Wasi but your Bitter Tea Party ain't got a slushball's chance in Somalia chance of winning shit in the midterms coming up and down the road in '16, '20, '24 and '30. Go fornicate with a moose, pally. You have more of a chance with that than winning squat in any election. Sour grapes make for sour whine...Baaaaaaa.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:

Yeah it is wrong to paint you with a tea party brush, but on the other hand you are sort of painting those union guys, many of whom probably work real hard, with a broad brush.

There is no such thing as recession proof brother.