Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Blue, very Blue.

It's also the home of Michelle "The slogan robot" Bachmann and Tim "The human barbituate" Pawlenty.

Does that help?

Dave
Don't forget that wrestler guy.

Carl
Old 07-03-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Don't forget that wrestler guy.

Carl
How could I? Ron sent me an authentic bobble head doll of him. I kind of laughed it off as a joke, but damn, they are worth real money, and I imagine the prices will only go up with time (and breakage). I have the one with the Vote button on his jacket.

You know another State that just kept electing stupid leftists until they drove it into the ground? Michigan, and that's a damn shame. That state saved our collective asses in WWII.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:18 PM

Yeah, I 'spose a bobble head, well a political one, would be worth a bit as time goes on.

Quote:
You know another State that just kept electing stupid leftists until they drove it into the ground? Michigan, and that's a damn shame. That state saved our collective asses in WWII.
Ahem, we in Ca. elected 2 different GOP governors that left the state with massive deficits. Both were actors at one time, no Oscars for their Governor roles lol.

Here in the SF area in WW2 we had 9 separate shipyards building ships and the only auto plant, a Ford one, did 3 shifts of tanks and jeeps.

Carl
Old 07-03-2011, 06:26 PM

Here is a little video of the Ford plant that has been restored after sitting and falling apart for fifty years.
http://vimeo.com/20879712

They are having the symphony and fireworks tonight.
http://www.craneway.com/

Carl
Old 07-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Area Man

Pretty good use of a former industrial site. Up in Richmond (VA), they're are converting the old cigarette factories into condos and shopping centers. Those old plants are amazingly well built.

Oh, I'm sorry, VA is a red state, we don't have any defunct industrial sites here. (Well, we do, but we just don't talk about it. It isn't good for the Party to let it be known that it happens here. Shhhhh.....)

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 07-03-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Yeah, I 'spose a bobble head, well a political one, would be worth a bit as time goes on.

Ahem, we in Ca. elected 2 different GOP governors that left the state with massive deficits. Both were actors at one time, no Oscars for their Governor roles lol.

Here in the SF area in WW2 we had 9 separate shipyards building ships and the only auto plant, a Ford one, did 3 shifts of tanks and jeeps.

Carl
And wasn't one of them Reagan?

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 07-03-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:09 PM

Oops, forgot. Scratch Reagan on that. He inherited a big deficit and raised taxes until he got a surplus of some sort.

Carl
Old 07-05-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Oops, forgot. Scratch Reagan on that. He inherited a big deficit and raised taxes until he got a surplus of some sort.

Carl
You Keed, you keed!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:

Carl
Since when did anything get done in California without going through that bastion of democrats known as The Assembly. Gee, if we could just get Willie Brown back everything would be just dandy. Meanwhile, let the once Great San Joaquin Valley's agriculture turn to dust. This was once a good place to live, but the quality of life has deteriorated because of immigration and engulfment by the welfare environmentalist state. The problem is: Who's going to pay? Oh, that's right, No One!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:59 AM
Resident octogenarian

Just two words on CA's problems 'Proposition 13'