Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:27 PM

Here is the jist of what they are saying. Lots of fluff in my opinion. These may be good objectives, but I wonder if any of it is possible.

http://coloradocareyes.co/amendment69/

Cut and paste of their ideas on funding

In order to assume responsibility for the financing of health care in Colorado, the Board will seek all necessary waivers, exemptions, and agreements to receive all available state and federal health care funds.

The Colorado Department of Revenue will collect transitional operating fund taxes (TOFT) from residents beginning July1, 2017 at the following rates: 0.6% of payroll from employers, 0.3% of payroll from employees, and 0.9% from non-payroll income.

The month prior to ColoradoCare’s assumption of responsibility for health care payments, the Department of Revenue will cease collecting TOFT and will collect and transfer premium taxes (PT) to ColoradoCare as follows: 6 2/3% of employer payroll; 3 1/3% of employee payroll; and 10% non-payroll income. Because these are taxes they are deductible when filing income tax forms............

I wonder what is considered non-payroll income??

Last edited by JCricket; 03-08-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:04 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lin View Post
I'm very sorry to hear that about your wife.

Regarding the first part of your comment quoted above: So perhaps the Canadian system could use some tweaking?
Just to clarify that reference was to the US system preventive care is normal in Canada
Old 03-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Just to clarify that reference was to the US system preventive care is normal in Canada
I don't get it, rob. The Bernie-ites are being promised a system like you have in Canada by their messiah who will create a miracle and fix that, and fix the education system, and fix the militaristic police department problem, and fix everything else all at once...and fix it all with somebody else's money. Why TF are they butting heads with you about healthcare?

Bernie...how you gone pay for all this? "We will make the mega-rich pay...it won't cost any of you a penny.", says Bernie. Bernie Sanders, the latest in the long tradition of "free lunch" liberal politicians. Good luck with that.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 03-09-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:39 AM

Ike,
Just to be clear, I am not against single payer, or for it. I have no particular bias. To me it is like buying a car. I simply want to know how it is going to work, and I want to know before I pay for it. What am I getting if I buy this? If a system can be put into place that fixes the medical system, I would be all for it.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
I don't get it, rob. The Bernie-ites are being promised a system like you have in Canada by their messiah who will create a miracle and fix that, and fix the education system, and fix the militaristic police department problem, and fix everything else all at once...and fix it all with somebody else's money. Why TF are they butting heads with you about healthcare?

Bernie...how you gone pay for all this? "We will make the mega-rich pay...it won't cost any of you a penny.", says Bernie. Bernie Sanders, the latest in the long tradition of "free lunch" liberal politicians. Good luck with that.
Look it is 32 yeears since I left Canada but back then SinglePayer was paid for with a 0.8% surcharge on my taxable income and $54 per montthh for the family plane.

I have forgotten what the medical surcharge on income is here and Medicare Part B cost each of us $128.50 per month. Supplement is $357 per month (I just wrote the check last week.)

It was worth having both Medicare plus the supplement the bills for Florence's illness cremation and death certificates were over $250,000 and all that I paid for were the cremation and certificates.

We are more than paying for SinglePayer here already but we just don't get it.

Last edited by merrylander; 03-10-2016 at 11:47 AM.