Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Sorry flac I was talking in generalities. I think I understand what you're saying. I believe we just disagree

The occupation of Afghanistan (remember, we are no longer occupying Iraq, as Obama said we don't have combat troops there) is simply to let the Afghanis get on their feet - if they can. Troops are going to start coming home. Hopefully.

The elections there are as free as possible.

Will we have bases there, and Iraq, into the forseeable future? Yes. As a stabilizing force Stability in the ME is important. For everyone.

Testing stability? We withdraw back into the US and I think many would be surprised at some of the seemingy stable areas/countries that would go down. I bet the State dep't and the Joint Chiefs have lists with varying likelyhoods. I realise you're not saying disengage from the entire world, but what where and who? Why is Iraq bad, but Uganda ok?

I am in agreement with many European bases, I see it as miltary welfare for Europe. Why?

But Afghanistan is as justifiable as it gets.

In todays world a standing army is a must, as regrettable as it is. I am both pleased and unhappy with a volunteer armed force.

Watch out for that pychedelic tequila. 'Parrots! The walls are weeping parrots!!'

Pete
Old 06-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Resident octogenarian

Take Europe, for the first time in history England, France and Germany are on very friendly terms, they bloody well do not need us there. We need welfare here at home, we simply cannot afford to be handing it out abroad.

Okinawans want us out.

The South Koreans can't make up their minds one way or the other. They are happy to sell us Hyundais and Kias but won't buy our cars. I have nothing personal against them, hell I taught a bunch of their software engineers, but I much prefer fair trade, not free trade.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:46 AM
Resident octogenarian

Well good old Dennis, he flies over to Damascus to kiss the genocidal maniac's butt.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Sorry flac I was talking in generalities. I think I understand what you're saying. I believe we just disagree

The occupation of Afghanistan (remember, we are no longer occupying Iraq, as Obama said we don't have combat troops there) is simply to let the Afghanis get on their feet - if they can. Troops are going to start coming home. Hopefully.

The elections there are as free as possible.

Will we have bases there, and Iraq, into the forseeable future? Yes. As a stabilizing force Stability in the ME is important. For everyone.

Testing stability? We withdraw back into the US and I think many would be surprised at some of the seemingy stable areas/countries that would go down. I bet the State dep't and the Joint Chiefs have lists with varying likelyhoods. I realise you're not saying disengage from the entire world, but what where and who? Why is Iraq bad, but Uganda ok?

I am in agreement with many European bases, I see it as miltary welfare for Europe. Why?

But Afghanistan is as justifiable as it gets.

In todays world a standing army is a must, as regrettable as it is. I am both pleased and unhappy with a volunteer armed force.

Watch out for that pychedelic tequila. 'Parrots! The walls are weeping parrots!!'

Pete
What? you have no faith in the "Goodness" of man?

We can no longer afford it.

Never really could.

Eisenhower was right.

Time for the "complex" to get it's downsizing notice.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 06-30-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Gosh Blue, anyone who reads history knows exactly what to expect from humanity. How 'humane' came from humanity I'll never know.

If we disengage a bicycle is a very good idea.

Pete