Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
View Poll Results: For me posting.or not
For 7 100.00%
Agaiinst 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2013, 08:45 AM

Religion ,to each person is a personal experience.taken in as nutrition for the soul.We get caught up in world affairs sometimes and forget to seek substanence.but as long as we are breathing we can consume the knowledge that God has before us.

My own presonal belief is that mankind as a whole is depleted in spiritual Manna.but there is always another day(for some of us)with the hope we find our way and eat.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
OK here is A Thought for the day,

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfect . . . —Philippians 3:12

It is a trap to presume that God wants to make us perfect specimens of what He can do— God’s purpose is to make us one with Himself. The emphasis of holiness movements tends to be that God is producing specimens of holiness to put in His museum. If you accept this concept of personal holiness, your life’s determined purpose will not be for God, but for what you call the evidence of God in your life. How can we say, “It could never be God’s will for me to be sick”? If it was God’s will to bruise His own Son (Isaiah 53:10), why shouldn’t He bruise you? What shines forth and reveals God in your life is not your relative consistency to an idea of what a saint should be, but your genuine, living relationship with Jesus Christ, and your unrestrained devotion to Him whether you are well or sick.

Christian perfection is not, and never can be, human perfection. Christian perfection is the perfection of a relationship with God that shows itself to be true even amid the seemingly unimportant aspects of human life. When you obey the call of Jesus Christ, the first thing that hits you is the pointlessness of the things you have to do. The next thought that strikes you is that other people seem to be living perfectly consistent lives. Such lives may leave you with the idea that God is unnecessary— that through your own human effort and devotion you can attain God’s standard for your life. In a fallen world this can never be done. I am called to live in such a perfect relationship with God that my life produces a yearning for God in the lives of others, not admiration for myself. Thoughts about myself hinder my usefulness to God. God’s purpose is not to perfect me to make me a trophy in His showcase; He is getting me to the place where He can use me. Let Him do what He wants.
I yearn for others to leave their religious beliefs out of my life, unless I invite them in. Can you hook a brother up?
Old 12-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Area Man

Quote:
What a bunch of free range HOOLIGANS!!!
Thank You! Being identified as a ".........free range HOOLIGAN" is an indication that I am still free of Theocracy.

I hope to die a "free range HOOLIGAN".

Dave
Old 12-01-2013, 11:18 AM
reflexionar

Consider the sources Dave. It is ingrained in some religious beliefs that we can't have love, compassion, empathy, or any of the other good human traits without the belief in a deity. In order for them to truly believe that we could possibly be truly good people it has to coincide with their religious doctrine. I am not so sure they are preaching to us as much as unconsciously to themselves. I do agree that I prefer not to be preached to though.

Marc
Old 12-01-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I yearn for others to leave their religious beliefs out of my life, unless I invite them in. Can you hook a brother up?
yes in deed I can hook you up ,,But I have the same freedom to say and post my prefrences on this board too.free speech is a last taste of democracy i will have.and no name brand or generic whatever's are gonna strip me of that right. OH YEA, Consider yourself hooked up bro!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMF5MjzgJrM
Old 12-01-2013, 11:31 AM

Nobody likes being preached to, or corrected, or insulted, or dismissed, or proven wrong, or even disagreed with, really.
That's a natural reaction.
The intensity with which an individual reacts, and how they express that reaction, is where you find level of character.

Last edited by Wasillaguy; 12-01-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:38 AM

I have decided to state myself in this fasion ,not to cram my beliefs but what I feel might enlighting or give someone a different out look.I have tasted the political side of life and did not like the taste and i am far from qualified to participate in such topics.so I will participate in another way.

some may be offended,which is not my intentions but I also feel some will enjoy and maybe even get revelation from something I post.as I have gotten many eye openers from the material I have read on this discussion board.

I am just a simple person trying to co-exist with my fellow man with a minimum of confrontation and ill feelings.but iI will rise and huff up if I feel I need to.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Nobody likes being preached to, or corrected, or proven wrong, or even disagreed with, really.
That's a natural reaction.
The intensity with which an individual reacts, and how they express that reaction, is where you find level of character.
But don't I still have a right to say what I feel.Can't you just avoid my post since you know already they are pointless and maybe even self serving. I will make a deal with you guy's If enough people step foward and say I am wrong for doing this I will cease.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:06 PM

Knowledge is my savior.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
But don't I still have a right to say what I feel.Can't you just avoid my post since you know already they are pointless and maybe even self serving. I will make a deal with you guy's If enough people step foward and say I am wrong for doing this I will cease.
I guess I wasn't clear.

Absolutely, you have every right, and those who try to quiet you are wrong, and small.
The religion portion of this site is conveniently divided from the rest. If you can't stand the sight of a faith based opinion, stay out of this wing.

Praise God and Amen.