Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:25 AM

The fantasyland of the Democrat party

I understand that many here are leftist simply because they are young and the "with age comes wisdom" thing hasn't kicked in yet. That used to be me back in the 70's.

So for those that, like me, are destined to become wiser with age, I offer up something they will actually read.

The fantasyland of the Democrat party

This may not be your time, or your time may never come because, truthfully, "sometimes age comes alone". So you may not even read it. But for the rest of you on the path to wisdom, I hope you enjoy it and learn something from it.

You can lead a horse to water, and all that. I'm still tryin'.

A tiny excerpt:
For the entire duration of the Trump presidency, prominent Democrats such as Hillary Clinton refused to accept the election results of 2016.

As a matter of fact, crooked Hillary still maintains the 2016 election was stolen.

As recently as October of 2020, Hillary said, “You don’t win by 3 million votes and have all this other shenanigans and stuff going on and not come away with an idea like, ‘Whoa, something’s not right here.’ That was a deep sense of unease.”

Clinton’s unsubstantiated claims of a stolen 2016 election haven’t been met with condemnation from the left or the media but only with validation. These claims have been defended by Democrats. After Trump’s election Clinton, the Democrat party, and the media promoted the “Russia collusion” lie — based on the fake Steele dossier that was paid for by the Clinton campaign and the DNC.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:42 AM
Jigsawed

You are heavily biased: the "fantasy" inhabits both parties.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
I agree with that. In fact, I believe that "fantasy" inhabits all human beings, period. I see it this way: All men lie, but not all are called "liar", and all men break the law in one way or another, but all don't belong in prison.

That's the point here. The article is pointing out massive hypocrisy that seems to, in some minds, continue on unabated. It is important to focus on what really matters and avoid pure partisan issues.

An example - I think we all believe that trump's weakness is his communication style. Frankly, so is AOC's, IMO. However, they are not necessarily elected to "talk". They are elected to be our representatives and take action on our behalf. So, when I look at the "actions" of both, that is where things get interesting. I was a never trumper before he was elected because all I had to go on, from a political position, was his words. He was a chameleon. It's why I said to my wife, when he was elected, the good news is that hillary lost and the bad news is that trump won. But then he started DOING things and I became a HUGE fan.

Meanwhile, I've been strongly against anything AOC has even supported, from a philosophical perspective. It's all I have to go on because she hasn't really done anything.

But I apply the same thing to both of them that I've applied to all politicians since I started voting in 1972: Ignore what they say and watch what they do. That is where the rubber meets the road. That is where they expose their true beliefs and abilities.

But this article is showing the hypocrisy that needs to be considered by the public so they can ignore the irrelevant issues and focus on what actually matters. Cities burning matters. Election integrity matters. Witch hunts should not be rewarded. Trump threatened Hillary with jail, yet when he was elected, nothing happened. It is bad form to try to prosecute the politician you beat - and a lot of democrats tried to point that out. It's too "banana republic". Trump seemed to understand that and dropped it. Perhaps the dems should do the same with Trump and focus on what really matters.

I should mention that I'm no fan of the republicans either. I just consider them definitely the lesser of those two evils. I'm right of the R's, which is why I'm now independent.

Last edited by Not Insane; 06-04-2021 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-04-2021, 09:21 AM

Old 06-04-2021, 09:23 AM

Old 06-04-2021, 09:26 AM

Old 06-04-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
That's one of those "preaching to the choir" comics. The type of stuff in that could be said about literally any American politician - and pretty much anyone else on the planet.

And history proves that even if none of that can be applied to you, your enemies will still hang you on a cross.

Leftist demand perfection in their leaders. It's why Robespierre met the fate he did. Conservatives understand that we are ALL flawed men.

I may have already used this analogy:

There are two mechanics in your town. One is an upstanding citizen but an incompetent mechanic. The other is a drunken womanizer but an amazing mechanic. Which one are you going to ask to fix your car?

i.e. people complain about Trump in irrelevancies and ignore the good he is actually doing within the scope of his job description - or they are on the opposite political pole (e.g. sochalistb*/fascist/communist/woke) and HATE what he is doing. And that is the crowd that comic speaks to.

*I had to spell sochialistb wrong so it didn't get "edited" by the site. I don't really understand why they do that
Old 06-04-2021, 11:19 AM
Admin

Spammers trying to sell erectile dysfunction pills, i.e. C-i-a-l-i-s were a plague back in the early days of this forum. Hence the word 'so************************t' is automatically stricken out.
Old 06-04-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Spammers trying to sell erectile dysfunction pills, i.e. C-i-a-l-i-s were a plague back in the early days of this forum. Hence the word 'so************************t' is automatically stricken out.
Was that part of what had to be fixed to allow some of us with gmail to be able to become members here?
Old 06-04-2021, 11:33 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Indeed, Fox News, Tucker and Libertarian thinktank sources will do that to you.

I'd submit that the left is by far less living in fantasyland. Many years ago during St. Ronnie's reign I subscribed to the OC Register and the LA Times. The editorial slant of the Register bled all over into their regular reportage. It wasn't by any small amount. The LA Times kept their editorial slant on the editorial page.