Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I can't figure out why people who have no pension wish to share the misery...........

Actually, I have figured it out.

Just tune in to the rightwing media for a while. You'll soon be thinking it wrong for anyone to have something you don't. And have a burning desire to see them stripped of it even if it really doesn't gain you, personally, anything at all.

Unless, of course that someone calls himself a "job creator". Then, you'll want him to have everything, including money that could be going towards your own pension. Even if he hasn't actually created a single job in months, years, or ever. (Like Limbaugh).

How do you think such people accrue wealth in the first place?

How does it feel to be a willing stooge?

Dave
It's not a matter of sharing their misery. It's a matter of being forced, through taxation, to fund those who are quite comfortable in not sharing their wealth.

Damn, I'm starting to sound like a communist!!!

What this is cooking down to is a battle between those who draw a government check and those who don't.

Big government, big banks, big business, it makes no difference...they are one and the same. For the sake of argument.

It's like one of those old shitty cowboy movies. You throw in with the right gang and you do pretty good. You throw in with the wrong gang, and the creek gets dammed up and you have to sell your cattle for 10 cents on the dollar.

And before I come across like an anarchist, I am not so naive as to think we need no government. But I do consider the scope, function, and disbursement of collective funds to be a topic of discussion.

And as an aside, only the government can hold a gun to your head and force you to do their bidding.

Chas
Old 01-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
I am a strong believer in a strong National Defence, and with 10,000 nuclear warheads I would say that we could hold off any attack !

As for being the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines for the rest of the world, I say that either they provide their own defence, or pay us our costs plus a premium for our men and R$D. Being prepared to help NATO is one thing, but doing everything for them is stupid. Let them Carry their own load or pay us for our defence of them.

With the US on the brink of financial disaster is Europe or any of our allies asking us what they can do to help us ? NO, their asking us for more money to solve theirs !

Our allies are just like our bar friends, as long as you are buying drinks, your a great friend and wonderful guy. But ounce you are broke, and ask one of your friends to buy you a drink, they are broke, sorry I hoped that you would be buying, and then they disappear.

Let them pay for their own defence, because I guarantee that they will be unable to help us when the chips are down, unless it's their only hope to survive is to help us protect them again !

Boy I am MAD !!!!

Bill
Defending the rest of the world against just what aggression exactly? In case you have not noticed the cold war was over long ago.

This braggadocio bullshit gets old real fast.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Defending the rest of the world against just what aggression exactly?
Our braggadocio bullshit.

[edit to add] I grew up an US Air Force brat at a now closed base called Upper Heyford in England.

I vividly recall conversations like, "why are you Yanks here, anyway?"

(sigh) "We're here to protect you from what you would not need protection from were we not here..."

Last edited by Zeke; 01-07-2012 at 10:35 AM.