Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
CONCORD, NH (The Borowitz Report) – The mystery surrounding Col. Muammar Gaddafi’s whereabouts was resolved today as the dictator announced his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination in a town hall meeting in Concord, New Hampshire.

In announcing his candidacy, the Libyan madman joins a Republican field which is believed to number in excess of seven hundred candidates.

While some New Hampshire Republicans seemed surprised to see Col. Gaddafi shaking hands and kissing babies at the Concord town hall, an aide to the Libyan strongman said his transformation to GOP candidate made perfect sense.

“In those final days in Tripoli he was becoming increasingly disconnected from reality,” said the aide. “So I think he’ll fit right in.”

Mr. Gaddafi, dressed in his trademark yellow turban and matching robe, got mixed reviews in his first appearance on the campaign trail, with some New Hampshire citizens saying that his six-hour stump speech was badly in need of pruning.

Additionally, some felt that his rhetoric needed to be toned down, especially his closing line about fighting for the Republican nomination “until the last drop of blood.”

But others gave him high marks for his grasp of history and geography, which most agreed was stronger than Michele Bachmann’s.

Perhaps underscoring the challenges that lie ahead for Mr. Gaddafi in his quest for the GOP nod, current polls show him in the back of the pack, leading former Senator Rick Santorum but trailing the pizza guy.

“Unfortunately for Muammar Gaddafi, he might be out of step with the current crop of Republican candidates,” one pollster said. “There’s a perception that he’s too moderate.”

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Where do you come up with this stuff?

Farve for Secretary of State - he gets my vote.......
Old 08-22-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
ROTFLMAO!!!!

That was actually quite funny. Did that come from The Onion?

BTW, Mr. Cricket aren't you supposed to be busily working on those VOTS?
Old 08-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
ROTFLMAO!!!!

http://www.borowitzreport.com/
Old 08-22-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
That was actually quite funny. Did that come from The Onion?

BTW, Mr. Cricket aren't you supposed to be busily working on those VOTS?
They are next on the list. I am finishing up a scratch build now. I'll install the drivers in them in the next few days. Most likely I will start the VOT's this weekend.
I'm pretty excited about them. One of the good things about my scratch build speaekrs, they have a portable mid/high section. I can move it onto the VOT's to see what they do.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Area Man

Quote:
They are next on the list. I am finishing up a scratch build now. I'll install the drivers in them in the next few days. Most likely I will start the VOT's this weekend.
I'm pretty excited about them. One of the good things about my scratch build speaekrs, they have a portable mid/high section. I can move it onto the VOT's to see what they do.
VOTs? Restored a pair of A7s myself a while back. Do you have a thread going over at AK, perchance?

Dave
Old 08-22-2011, 11:37 PM

Great stuff. The joke is, however, that 'ol Kaddafy could probably whip 'Bama in the election right now.

Murray
Old 08-23-2011, 12:43 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy_ps View Post
Great stuff. The joke is, however, that 'ol Kaddafy could probably whip 'Bama in the election right now.

Murray
He would be the smartest Republican running.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 08-23-2011, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
He would be the smartest Republican running.

Regards,

D-Ray
No, in the dem primary. (sorry, too easy)

Murray
Old 08-23-2011, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
VOTs? Restored a pair of A7s myself a while back. Do you have a thread going over at AK, perchance?

Dave
Yep, he has a thread there. The usual tube and horn guys are all there contributing their input. I've only played with some big Altec gear at a large theater. I'd like to hear some 19s in a relatively small room. I remember listening to them and the Stonehenge I & IIs back when I was a teenager. They were driven by Accuphase gear. Seems audio took a backseat after I got my drivers license and a 1969 Dodge Charger. Damn, I wish I still had that car.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
TRIPOLI (The Borowitz Report)– The call for Libyan strongman Muammar Gaddafi to step down grew louder today, as former NFL great Brett Favre called Mr. Gaddafi’s refusal to quit “desperate.”

“I think there’s a time to throw in the towel, and this clearly is the time,” Mr. Favre said of the Libyan dictator. “What’s weird to me is that it seems painfully obvious to everyone but him.”

Mr. Favre said that Mr. Gaddafi’s desire to hold on at all costs “could wind up damaging people’s memory of all the good years he had.”

“The spectacle of an old man hanging in there when he’s clearly lost it, well, there’s only one word for that: embarrassing,” he said. “It’s painful to watch.”

Mr. Favre said that he feels so strongly about this issue that he has reached out to Mr. Gaddafi, urging him to retire.

“He hasn’t responded to my texts,” Mr. Favre said, “but I’m used to that.”
Well that made it well worth stopping in here while AK was down!