Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
That will be the equivalent of waiting for ice cycles to form in Hell.
What flavor do you want?

It is not going to go away.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Resident octogenarian

What pray tell is an ice cycle? Is it some motorized ice cube?
Old 10-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

That's a great mental picture

Pete
Old 10-21-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
It's the preferred mode of transportation for liberal devils everywhere.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Could it be one of these?

Barney
Attached Images
File Type: jpg torque-icecube-bike_sm.jpg (30.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Vanilla_Ice_Cool_as_Ice.jpg (34.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Ready

What do you mean? Of course it's my opinion. Are you suggesting I post stuff I don't believe?

Attaching labels to my opinion, like 'talking points' and 'fringe lefties' is no more valid a way to discuss it than calling me stupid. Instead of trying to discredit me with labels, please accept that I do believe it, that it seems reasonable to me, and seems to me to correspond to reality. And I don't think I'm stupid, insane, or in the pay of a anti-american conspiracy. I invite you to try to imagine how an intelligent person could think the way I do.

You are aware it's a Republican who suggested their side needed a new plan, that they 'weren't creating enough angry white males?' It's not just a 'talking point.'
Old 10-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Its a train that has little chance of leaving the station without the boiler exploding.

Boiler's exploding? How quaint. Over a crappy roll out of a new government website? That's a real knee slapper Mike. There's no end to y'alls train wreck allusions. Sorry, no boilers in trains for decades and decades. We use diesel/electrics nowadays.

The polls show that people like the ACA even more because of suicide right wing shutdown. The sugar bowl was spilled, refilled and spilled again by the boy blunderer Ted Cruz due to his antics in Washington. Sure is passing strange that the party of fiscal responsibility isn't all up in arms over such a big loss incurred to America's economic engine. $24 billion and an estimate of $100 million in additional interest costs coming out of the taxpayers pockets just so Ted could strut, crow and preen about his conservative bonafides during the primary run up to the '16 election.

I'm sure it'll be spun up to be all Obama's fault in the right wing echo chamber. Just click your heels, drink some sweet tea and repeat after Ted & John. "The President will talk to Putin but he won't talk to Republicans."

Sure says a lot more about Republicans than it says about the President or Putin for that matter, doesn't it?

Last edited by bobabode; 10-21-2013 at 08:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-21-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
What do you mean? Of course it's my opinion. Are you suggesting I post stuff I don't believe?

Attaching labels to my opinion, like 'talking points' and 'fringe lefties' is no more valid a way to discuss it than calling me stupid. Instead of trying to discredit me with labels, please accept that I do believe it, that it seems reasonable to me, and seems to me to correspond to reality. And I don't think I'm stupid, insane, or in the pay of a anti-american conspiracy. I invite you to try to imagine how an intelligent person could think the way I do.

You are aware it's a Republican who suggested their side needed a new plan, that they 'weren't creating enough angry white males?' It's not just a 'talking point.'
I don't think you're stupid at all. Though you seem to be taking L Graham's tongue in cheek "angry white guy" comment just a wee bit too literally...quite on purpose I suspect.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Boiler's exploding? How quaint. Over a crappy roll out of a new government website? That's a real knee slapper Mike. There's no end to y'alls train wreck allusions. Sorry, no boilers in trains for decades and decades. We use diesel/electrics nowadays.
Oh, I see. Maybe a better comparison would be to the out of control train in the movie "Unstopable"? And it's not just the crappy web site that cost half a billion dollars and still doesn't work. It's the whole crappy law.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:28 PM

All we need is the Eastern Seaboard, West Coast and a few purple states and its in the bag!

Oh the Medicare expansion just added about 250,000 people in Ohio