Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 08:18 AM

George Conway
@gtconway3d
Interesting analogy. Likewise, what if a CEO routinely made false and misleading statements about himself, the company, and results, and publicly attacked business partners, company “divisions” (w/ scare quotes!), employees, and analysts, and kowtowed to a dangerous competitor?

Philip Bump
@pbump
How would the board of a company react if the CEO told them that he hadn't fired an unqualified employee who was disliked by coworkers because the employee constantly praised him? (link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...ouse-staffers/) washingtonpost.com/news/politics/…
6:02 AM · Aug 14, 2018
Old 08-15-2018, 02:34 PM

Trump revokes security clearance of former CIA director John Brennan

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...721_story.html

Of course he did. Attempting to silence critics who reveal the truth about your corruption is what authoritarian regimes always do.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:32 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Trump revokes security clearance of former CIA director John Brennan

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...721_story.html

Of course he did. Attempting to silence critics who reveal the truth about your corruption is what authoritarian regimes always do.
And reportedly he did it without consulting with the agency who chose to carry his clearance (CIA, DNI). Moreover, he did this on July 26 and chose to wait until today's press briefing to do it to distract from Omarosa and the Manafort trial.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:21 PM
Admin

The acrid & rancid stench of Trump's flop sweat must be horrendous down at 1600 Pennsylvania. At least those patriots across the street in Lafayette Park are speaking up and acting out. God bless 'em. I wish I was there, bad knees and all.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:19 PM

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. This one is huge.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:25 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Trump has another Lester Holt moment

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal posted late Wednesday, President Trump once again gave away the ballgame when it comes to his efforts to impact the probe and tear down its leaders (both current and former). He confessed that his true motivation for revoking former CIA director John Brennan’s security clearance was the “rigged witch hunt" that Brennan once “led.”

“I call it the rigged witch hunt; [it] is a sham,” Trump told the Journal’s Peter Nicholas and Michael C. Bender. “And these people led it!”

He added: “So I think it’s something that had to be done.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...r-holt-moment/
Old 08-16-2018, 09:06 AM

If Omarosa Did Sign An NDA, Trump Might've Broken The Law

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/omaro...192011012.html
Old 08-16-2018, 10:26 AM

Brennan says Trump’s claims of no collusion with Russia are ‘hogwash’

More of this is what we need, an attack against Trump's credibility from people affiliated with the intelligence agencies as long as the disclosures are within the law, or leak surreptitiously. Trump is not playing by the rules and I do not see why anyone else should either.

Quote:
Brennan wrote that it is “critically important” that special counsel Robert S. Mueller III be permitted to complete his investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and whether Trump’s campaign coordinated with Russia.

While Trump has repeatedly insisted there was “no collusion,” Brennan wrote that the “only questions that remain are whether the collusion that took place constituted criminally liable conspiracy, whether obstruction of justice occurred to cover up any collusion or conspiracy, and how many members of ‘Trump Incorporated’ attempted to defraud the government by laundering and concealing the movement of money into their pockets.”
Those are some very serious charges from someone who was in the know at the very top.
Perhaps this is a preamble and gloves will be coming off soon from the Mueller investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.8d538a51daba

Last edited by Rajoo; 08-16-2018 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:04 AM

Putin Ally Tweeted Brennan’s Security Revocation Two Days Before The White House Knew About It

Quote:
According to Business Insider, the revocation of John Brennan’s security clearance that America learned about on August 15 was announced by Donald Trump in a White House memo dated July 26 — three weeks before it became public.

However, it was announced two days before that, on July 24th, on Twitter by none other than the aforementioned Russian operative, Artem Klyushin, via his verified account.

Экс-директоры ЦРУ Джон Бреннан и Майкл Хэйден, экс-директор ФБР Джеймс Коми и его заместитель Эндрю МакКейб, экс-директор Национальной разведслужбы Джеймс Клаппер, экс-советник по нацбезопасности Сьюзан Райс прощаются с доступами к секретным материалам. Welcome to the real world! pic.twitter.com/nBr8zlZeyR

— АРТЕМ КЛЮШИН  (@ARTEM_KLYUSHIN) July 24, 2018

The Bing auto-translation of the tweet is as follows:

Former CIA directors John Brennan and Michael Hayden, former FBI director James [Comey] and his deputy Andrew McCabe, former director of the National Intelligence James Clapper, ex-adviser on Homeland Susan Rice are forgiven for access to classified materials. Welcome to the real world!
https://hillreporter.com/putin-ally-...-about-it-5882
Old 08-16-2018, 02:45 PM

Revoke my security clearance, too, Mr. President

By William H. McRaven
August 16 at 2:44 PM
William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

Dear Mr. President:

Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revoked on Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.

Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...a7a_story.html