Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Admin

Wink Monkey court!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...y.html?hpid=z1

Don't mess with the gentleman from Joisey. Rep. Pallone D-N.J.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Admin

"In opening statements Thursday, Republicans on the committee denounced the problems with the Web site as symptomatic of more widespread difficulties with the Affordable Care Act, widely known as Obamacare. Democrats said the site’s glitches should not detract from the overall success of the new law and charged that Republicans were less interested in fixing the problems than in undermining the law.
In one testy exchange during questioning of the company executives, Rep. Frank Pallone (D-N.J.) derided the hearing as a “monkey court,” chastising Republicans for raising privacy concerns that he said were specious.
“You are trying to scare people so they don’t apply” for health insurance on the exchanges, he said. He said Republicans want to undermine public trust in the law in an effort to delay or repeal it. His outburst came after two Republicans alleged that the federal marketplace does not adequately protect people’s medical privacy."

from above link.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Executives of two of the four companies represented at the hearing of the House Energy and Commerce Committee said they needed “months” to conduct the testing
Months, lol. It is snowing in Washington, I guess they figure Congress was born yesterday. Yessir, it is always everybody else's fault, it could never be grossly incompetent software engineers.

Carl