Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:02 AM

Smile Healing the great divide

As a newbie here, I hope it isn't presumptuous to start a thread, but here goes anyway. I contend that it is not the Republicans nor the Democrats who are responsible for the great division in our country. It's the PROFESSIONAL politicians of both stripes that are the problem.

Our founding fathers would have puked on their buckled shoes at the mere mention of characters as scurrilous and duplicitous as those who infest Washington, DC, the State Capitols and the City Halls of our nation. These trough feeders have no allegiance to the welfare of our citizens and exist only to sustain their nasty-assed jobs and tiny power bases. Think on it a bit and I suspect you'll see the problem as clearly as I do.

Having then, identified the problem, I'd be remiss if I didn't recommend a solution. So with tongue firmly in cheek, here it comes. Let's adopt a plan to DNA test every elected elected official in the USA. From the test samples, let's isolate the gene that drives an otherwise decent human being to seek a political career. Once identified, the problem becomes manageable. We simply DNA test every newborn for this political gene and when we find it, drive a stake through their evil little hearts!

Hell, in a couple of generations we can reclaim our great country from the scoundrels who are ruining it and get back to things we do best like creating obesity and destroying the environment, not mention creating a SH nation or two.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:05 AM

Sounds like something Hitler would have loved.

You really have no idea why public servants serve, do you?
Old 02-01-2018, 10:19 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
... Hell, in a couple of generations we can reclaim our great country from the scoundrels who are ruining it and get back to things we do best like creating obesity and destroying the environment, not mention creating a SH nation or two.
Being a scoundrel isn't necessarily bad. After all, Hans Solo was one.

Last edited by nailer; 02-01-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
Our founding fathers would have puked on their buckled shoes at the mere mention of characters as scurrilous and duplicitous as those who infest Washington, DC, the State Capitols and the City Halls of our nation.
On the contrary, I suspect they would have found such behavior quite familiar. Animosity and duplicity is nothing new, all the way back to the rather public feud between Hamilton and Jefferson, which lead to a less than professional and cordial relationship between Jefferson and Washington. At least we no longer have duels, like Burr and Hamilton did.

Last edited by whell; 02-01-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:25 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Sounds like something Hitler would have loved.

You really have no idea why public servants serve, do you?
In the political realm it's about the acquisition, application and maintenance of power. In addition, your sense of humor is clearly lacking.

Last edited by nailer; 02-01-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
In the political realm it's about the acquisition, application and maintenance of power. In addition, your sense of humor is clearly lacking.
Our system of government is under assault by a narcissistic lunatic in the WH and his nutjob far right enablers in the Congress. Humor is not what’s needed right now, sick humor especially.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:46 AM
Rational Anarchist

It's not and laughter is the best medicine. Watching your and others heads hysterically spin over our Dear Leader can be quite amusing.

Last edited by nailer; 02-01-2018 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
It's not and laughter is the best medicine. Watching your and others heads hysterically spin over our Dear Leader can be quite amuzing.
Well, at least your spelling is amusing.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:14 AM
Rational Anarchist

Thanks for the spell check and I'm glad you're able to find humor in your intellectually insecure existence.

Last edited by nailer; 02-01-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:23 AM

Ahhhh Eugenics is alive and unwell.

I fear the original problem stated in the opening as a question and solution is one that can be traced back to overpopulation climate change and dwindling resources. With a elite class wanting to maintain control over the ever increasing masses.

History has shown this movie before. Only difference is now we have the power to annihilate everything on this planet we care about.

Barney