Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:24 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You can call bullshit all you want. I could care less. Fact is you could be right, but there is not agreement or concensus that the lyrics are "racist"...
It's perfectly reasonable for the students to interpret these lines as condemning slaves who fought for their freedom (in an anthem that praises the "land of the free and home of the brave," no less) In fact, its meaning in plain English and its historical context suggests that other "interpretations" are attempts to assuage those who prefer to believe that America is perfect, was always perfect, isn't racist and was never racist. Here's a bit of context for you:

In April 1814 Vice-Admiral Sir Alexander Cochrane made the British position official: All those who may be disposed to emigrate from the United States, will, with their Families, be received on board of His Majesty's Ships…. They will have their choice of either entering into His Majesty's Forces, or of being sent as FREE Settlers to British possessions, … where they will meet with all due encouragement. Cochrane then ordered Rear-Admiral George Cockburn to form the Colonial Marines, fighting units made up of refugee slaves.

All told, more than 4000 people were freed from slavery – the largest emancipation that took place in the U.S. until the Civil War. Three companies of Colonial Marines were formed, and their presence did inspire hatred and fear among the Americans. The corps took part in the burning of Washington, fought in the Battle of Baltimore, and skirmished against American forces all along the coast. The British commander-in-chief said they were "infinitely more dreaded by the Americans than the British troops".

http://www.pbs.org/wned/war-of-1812/...d-sailors-war/

That said, I couldn't care less that some high school students in California chose not to play the national anthem at their own student rally because of their historically defensible belief that the third stanza of the anthem condones the killing of slaves who fought for their freedom. I just think it's funny what kind of shit right-wing media chooses to feature in order to rile up their "poorly-educated" (Trump's words) base that likely have no idea that the anthem even has three more verses beyond the one that they know (and their Dear Leader seemingly doesn't).

Last edited by finnbow; 02-15-2018 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:30 AM

Here’s a real issue to discuss.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/polit...use/index.html

Whell starts these bullshit, meaningless threads to deflect from these very real issues, because he wants them kept hidden, as his nose is deeply implanted up his Dear Leader’s ass. Just like his hero Limblow does.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:35 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Here’s a real issue to discuss.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/polit...use/index.html

Whell starts these bullshit, meaningless threads to deflect from these very real issues, because he wants them kept hidden, as his nose is deeply implanted up his Dear Leader’s ass. Just like his hero Limblow does.
And to think that Whell's Dear Leader couldn't stop yammering about Hillary's improper handling of classified information.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:38 AM

Here’s another very real issue for our high school kids. They’re being killed by guns. Yet the NRA plows millions of dollars into electing politicians they can be sure will do nothing about the problem, and millions in ads against those who will.

https://qz.com/1207851/parkland-shoo...icans-in-2016/

Yet Whell continues to post his bullshit deflections. He and his type are filled with hate, and need to be silenced. Women voters will, finally, stop this hate.

Last edited by Chicks; 02-15-2018 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
And to think that Whell's Dear Leader couldn't stop yammering about Hillary's improper handling of classified information.
So why do you get into lengthy discussions with him endlessly where he will refute every point you make thereby keeping his own Trumpian agenda front and center. I would deflect whell like chicks has done; say how about kids getting killed instead of them objecting to lyrics.

Median income in San Ramon is $130K, a society that whell cannot relate to nor can he BS since I live next door and have been in this area since 1995.

Let's talk about those temporary security clearances including Javanka & McGahn for Chicks sake.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:48 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
So why do you get into lengthy discussions with him endlessly where he will refute every point you make thereby keeping his own Trumpian agenda front and center. I would deflect whell like chicks has done; say how about kids getting killed instead of them objecting to lyrics.

Median income in San Ramon is $130K, a society that whell cannot relate to nor can he BS since I live next door and have been in this area since 1995.

Let's talk about those temporary security clearances including Javanka & McGahn for Chicks sake.
I guess I consider it my civic duty to help Whell pull his head out of his ass.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Or Donny’s ass...
Old 02-15-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
He is carrying the message to what end or why, i do not know. But his only interest is to promote an agenda and best is to deny him a platform or vehicle. Resist and deflect instead of endless discussions.

Deflections irritate him and he is even dumb enough to bring this up.
So High School children are getting shot whell, what's your answer to that?
Old 02-15-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post

Chicks doesn't deflect anything. I live rent free inside the poor guy's head. He post about me even in threads that I'm not participating in. Poor guy is obsessed. Guess he must not have much of a life.

Finn isn't much better. Maybe the two of them should get a room....
Old 02-15-2018, 05:02 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Chicks doesn't deflect anything. I live rent free inside the poor guy's head. He post about me even in threads that I'm not participating in. Poor guy is obsessed. Guess he must not have much of a life.

Finn isn't much better. Maybe the two of them should get a room....
About these delusions you're operating under, maybe you should cut back on the Rush and Hannity a bit? You've been getting a little frothy lately.