Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:18 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
I’ve lived abroad, and traveled the world. I’ve worked with plenty of “good ole boys”, all of whom were bigots. I wouldn’t be proud of that sort of put-on mannerism.

I’ve also been the length of the Big Valley, and the Imperial Valley, many times. They are the country’s fruit basket, which would very quickly run out of labor were it not for immigrants.

The Silicon Valley would be a shadow of what it is without immigrants, as well.
Moreover, the vibrant urban areas that contribute well nearly 3/4 of the GNP are vibrant largely because of immigration. The shitholes of West Virginia have no immigrants and are economic wastelands.

Between 2014 and 2016 the counties that embrace diversity accounted for 72 percent of the nation’s increased economic output and two-thirds of the new jobs. The approximately 85 percent of counties that support restrictionists like Donald Trump accounted for a measly 28 percent of the growth.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/29/o...ation-usa.html
Old 02-03-2018, 08:49 PM

Take a look at the number of Indians on this list. Extremely disproportionate to the population. Not that I am fond of VC's but they are a force to reckon with in Silicon Valley.

The Top 100 Venture Capitalists

https://www.cbinsights.com/research/...ital-partners/
Old 02-04-2018, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
Sure is refreshing to be in the presence of such an open mind.
It doesn't take all that open a mind to realize that the opposition is a pack of white nationalist, neo-confederate, neo-nazi bigots...plus the .5%ers who will never manage to squeeze enough money out of the other 99.5%ers...combined with Christian conservatives who can't keep their noses out of the reproductive organs of American women or gay/lesbian bedrooms. It's the coalition of scum.

And...I'm not at all surprised I get no fetid chunks outta you regarding your neo-confederate founder worship.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:27 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Moreover, the vibrant urban areas that contribute well nearly 3/4 of the GNP are vibrant largely because of immigration. The shitholes of West Virginia have no immigrants and are economic wastelands.

Between 2014 and 2016 the counties that embrace diversity accounted for 72 percent of the nation’s increased economic output and two-thirds of the new jobs. The approximately 85 percent of counties that support restrictionists like Donald Trump accounted for a measly 28 percent of the growth.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/29/o...ation-usa.html
An interesting related article - https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/23/polit...ers/index.html. Check out the Job creation and presidential vote graphic.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:47 AM

Thanks nailer, good article and this paragraph caught my attention. Gerrymandering and electoral rule is the culprit that is making the Goobers drive the agenda such as immigration.
Quote:
"Unhappy people vote," says Mitchell Moss, a professor of urban policy at New York University. "The great irony is that as the economy has had growth in industries that are driven by technology or information, that's led to vast declines in traditional manufacturing and even traditional agriculture. Those areas declining economically have not been depopulated yet, and the economy has devastated them, so their only recourse is to vote for somebody who was different [Trump]."
Old 02-04-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
It doesn't take all that open a mind to realize that the opposition is a pack of white nationalist, neo-confederate, neo-nazi bigots...plus the .5%ers who will never manage to squeeze enough money out of the other 99.5%ers...combined with Christian conservatives who can't keep their noses out of the reproductive organs of American women or gay/lesbian bedrooms. It's the coalition of scum.

And...I'm not at all surprised I get no fetid chunks outta you regarding your neo-confederate founder worship.
If these idiots had spent 1/10th the energy on learning tech as they do on hate, they'd be producing as many jobs as the Blue counties do now. Or just staying off the drugs. I've read numerous articles about Red state manufacturers being forced to hire immigrants to fill thousands of open positions, because these goobers can't pass the drug screening. Dopers can't safely operate machinery, and just aren't reliable enough to hire.

I work in high tech at Megacorp. Immigrants are the most motivated, dedicated, hardest working, and educated bunch I've had the pleasure of working with.

Last edited by Chicks; 02-04-2018 at 01:58 PM.