Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
way too many vaccines around

for example, we are the only country on earth that peddles the flu vaccine like we do

measles is simply not a big enough deal to be insisting everyone get a shot

that's just another windfall for big pharma
Here's why measles/mumps/rubella hasn't been as prevalent as it was back in the day.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity
Old 02-03-2015, 11:33 AM
Area Man

I can understand the reservations that some have. I have refused to get the flu shots since 1986. However, when you chose not to vaccinate your kids, do you not put others at risk?

I've heard people raise the issue of constitutionality. Does the government have the right to pressure people into vaccinating their kids? Hmmmmm? I tend to think that if it can be proven that it's a public health issue, that it puts others at risk of illness, the answer would be......Yes........but, just barely.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 02-03-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:02 PM
Resident octogenarian

We now at our respective ages get a flu shot every year. The stats regarding hoow mant seniors die every flu season is not comforting. It really is too bad they did not have the vaccine years ago. I had an Aunt die in the 1918 epidemic.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
John - I see that you're still trying to put words in other people's mouths. Before you attempt it again, please try to remove your foot from your own.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...us-114837.html

“We’ve seen just a skyrocketing autism rate,” Obama said in April 2008 at a rally in Pennsylvania. “Some people are suspicious that it’s connected to the vaccines.”

Now, you sick piece of human debris, please point me to anything in this post where I've said anything as remotely extreme as our current Prez.

Last edited by whell; 02-03-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:28 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
John - I see that you're still trying to put words in other people's mouths. Before you attempt it again, please try to remove your foot from your own.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...us-114837.html

“We’ve seen just a skyrocketing autism rate,” Obama said in April 2008 at a rally in Pennsylvania. “Some people are suspicious that it’s connected to the vaccines.”

Now, you sick piece of human debris, please point me to anything in this post where I've said anything as remotely extreme as our current Prez.
Sorry Whelly but that notion gets burnt to the ground here. http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...02-column.html

"UPDATE: Brandon Wall of the Chicago Sun-Times went to the full 55-minute video of Obama's Pennsylvania appearance, from which the above one-minute snippet was extracted. Bottom line: the evidence that Obama was referring to an autism-vaccine link, as opposed to the science of autism's causes, when he said the science was "inconclusive" is even weaker than it looked at first. The full video is here; the discussion at issue begins at the 39-minute mark.
Blogger Orac of Science Blogs turned up an example of how candidate Obama ticked off the anti-vaccination movement later in 2008 by stating that he was "not for selective vaccination, I believe that it will bring back deadly diseases, like polio."
The danger of getting the story wrong is that it will push the vaccine debate deeper into partisan, ideological politics, which is all we need. Suggesting that Obama has flip-flopped on vaccination is just another way to undermine the solid science and public health policy in favor of childhood immunization."

Last edited by bobabode; 02-03-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Sorry Whelly but that notion gets burnt to the ground here. http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...02-column.html
Sorry Bobby, but I don't agree. As a Prez candidate, Obama is amplifying concerns about the vaccine connection to autism. Hillary did that same thing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-...i_b_97969.html

Senator Hillary Clinton, in response to a questionnaire from the autism activist group A-CHAMP, wrote that she was "Committed to make investments to find the causes of autism, including possible environmental causes like vaccines."

Note that this same article quotes Obama in same context. The article's author says this:

So there you have it, our next President will share the views of such radical fringe crazies as, well, me, Democrat Robert Kennedy, Jr., Republican Joe Scarborough, former NIH and Red Cross chief Bernadine Healy, and several researchers at Harvard, Johns Hopkins, the Universities of California and Washington and elsewhere.

All of us agree: Current evidence suggests the need for more reseach into whether vaccines could be a contributing factor in some cases of autism.

Now, the apologists at the LA Times may be trying to rewrite history, but as the Politico observes:

By April 2008, when Obama was claiming research was inconclusive, scientists had already overwhelmingly rejected any causal relationship between vaccinations and autism.

So either Obama was - as usual - unprepared to speak in detail on a topic, and got caught with his foot in his mouth like John, or he was subordinating his knowledge about a topic for political gain with the audience he was speaking to, and in doing so fueling speculation about a link between vaccinations and autism. Which is it?
Old 02-03-2015, 06:51 PM
Admin

Nice try Mikey but 'no sale'. It's a parsed up hack job by Politico.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:57 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Sorry Bobby, but I don't agree. As a Prez candidate, Obama is amplifying concerns about the vaccine connection to autism. Hillary did that same thing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-...i_b_97969.html....
So, you're saying you agree with Obama's previous position?
Old 02-03-2015, 06:57 PM

What gets me about this hubbub over a vaccine. You have people who are willing to believe the vaccine is the sole culprit. But will think it is pure wacko tin foil hat wearing conspiracies to believe in plastic poising your children or all the chemicals in our food chain. From the GMO's to the hormones and antibiotics, not to mention the preservative along with colorings. Where is all the outrage and calls for reform?

Sugar alone does more damage to our young then the vaccine ever has been proven too. Sweeteners like Aspartame is causing great many health issue in the young and old. The rise in illness in our population my be tied to what is in the food chain now introduced by the big chemical companies who are very glad to foster the notion it is a simple vaccine.

Barney
Old 02-03-2015, 06:58 PM
Admin

You know you've 'jumped the shark' when... http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ow-it/?hpid=z3