Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Of course, a biggie is medical expenses. Depending on your personal situation, premiums, deductables, and co-pays can really mount up. If you're in a fortunate situation, it's mostly covered, but for many, these expenses shoot way up when employer coverage is lost, even if they are on medicare.

Medical expenses are my biggest concern. Husband is disabled and is under constant medical care.

My employee insurance has been great. While we pay a lot in premiums, our co pays are ridiculously low. (A two month stay at UCSF for husband spinal surgery cost $10.00 co pay).

On the other hand, due to health issues, we won't be traveling during retirement and have a simple lifestyle. I hope that balances things out.

Thanks for the insights.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
The whole world wants you to work until you die, Barney. The government wants to spend your SS money, the bankers want to keep your 401k, Republicans hate it when ANYONE stops working (Except themselves, of course, because they "earned" it and you didn't.), Democrats want you to keep paying taxes.....................

F**k'em all, Barney. You make up your mind when you're ready and just do it.

Dave
Yes they all want your money and don't want to payout SSI if at all possible. You and I Dave might not get it at all unless they do some drastic revamping of SSI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I used some of my retirement funds to purchase a rental property. The adviser wanted me to borrow it instead. Pay interest to me along with paying it back.
I told him that the amount needed would earn me a couple of hundred $ a month right now over what it is earning now with them. No payment to make either and own something other then paper or in the ether.

After it was over he admitted doing the same thing too!

Barney
Diversify Barney, I can't express enough about hard assets. Don't care what they are but they need to be physical. Real Property that you own hold and control without any third party risk.

You said this,

"They want me to keep it in a fund and not spend it. EVER! They don't want to pay it out but keep it, so they can keep making money off of it."

Glad you see that they will never recommend anything that they can't control and earn from. They never tell you to buy/invest in physical property like the metals. They will be more than happy to take your earning and put it in gold ETF's so that your exposed to it. They won' tell your going to be taken to the cleaners though and they get paid anyway. Metals are only one hard asset to consider in Real Property.

Too much in paper assets in this volatile economy could and I see it as will be a disaster. I also noticed you never mentioned anything about Semi-Retirement which is an avenue to look into. Collect SSI and generate minimal income for maybe 5-8 years.

I have also been thinking of relocating to a cheaper economy when I retire. Where I am is good to work because the cost of living is high and is where the money is at. Once the earnings stop I don't think the need to stay in a high cost of living environment would be the best move. All your retirement funds will go further relocating.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:55 AM
Admin

Anyone surprised that the "true patriot" 'baggers want to bail on their homeland that gave them everything they have as soon as they can?
Freekin' sociopaths wrapped up in Old Glory like a rotten three day old corndog.
Good riddance, move to Belize or Somalia.

Last edited by bobabode; 05-18-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Medical expenses are my biggest concern. Husband is disabled and is under constant medical care.

My employee insurance has been great. While we pay a lot in premiums, our co pays are ridiculously low. (A two month stay at UCSF for husband spinal surgery cost $10.00 co pay).

On the other hand, due to health issues, we won't be traveling during retirement and have a simple lifestyle. I hope that balances things out.

Thanks for the insights.
Hi Barbara,

I don't know if you own your residence but other things to consider will it be the right place. Taking care of my mom taught me to look into the future on living environment. Will the living space accommodate us as we get older? We might be able to climb stairs, enter small doorways and halls, jump in and out of the tub now. Can the house be opened up a bit like expanding bath rooms, widen doorways open up kitchen access. Is the foundation raised that requires stairs to get in and out of the home.

If one would be planing on staying where they'r at and own the property some things can be remodeled while were still working. We can even do some of the work ourselves planning ahead. Goods and services are cheaper today than say in 10-15 years from now.

I was able to keep my mom in her own house and bed till the day she died. That was important to here and I, nobody wants to not be able to go home because of physical limitations.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Anyone surprised that the "true patriot" 'baggers want to bail on their homeland that gave them everything they have as soon as they can?
Freekin' sociopaths wrapped up in Old Glory like a rotten three day old corndog.
Good riddance, move to Belize or Somalia.
Your assuming again.

Bobby Stockton like where Barbara lives is far cheaper than on the SF peninsula. Hence lower cost of living.

I really wish you would stop trolling and have a decent discussion for once.

Last edited by 4-2-7; 05-18-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:17 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
your assuming again.
Naw, you're the one assuming that I was talking about you, my egomaniacal friend. Go back and read it again.

Last edited by bobabode; 05-18-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:22 AM

Don't be the richest person in the graveyard.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Don't be the richest person in the graveyard.

Right.... That's my other thought. Sure, the longer I work the bigger the monthly check in retirement, but at what point does that not matter any more?

A co worker put in thirty years, said his good byes and as he left work on his last day he keeled over on the steps leaving the building and died of a heart attack. Not the way i want to do things. I wanna have some time to enjoy retirement!
Old 05-18-2014, 11:33 AM
Ready

At least he got out the door. I've know lifers who died on the job.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:07 PM

There was person who worked at the medical facility who had just gotten their 30 year federal retirement....he died three he weeks after left work. He probably had not received his first retirement check.