Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-08-2017, 11:35 AM

Interesting how Adobe flash installs the Freeware McAffee unless you are vigilant.
Let's not forget McAffee made his name before the internet so basically he is yesterday.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Is that suppose to be a dig? Working for the Government is working for the rest of us man! My guess jealous envy somewhere in there on having a good job.

Man we all get paid by other people taxes if lucky to live long enough Dude! But you have to pay in taxes to get there first!

Barney
My job sucked, but I made a whole lot of money doing it.

If I had put what I paid in to SS in to a simple index fund when I started in 1972 I would have a hell of a lot more money coming in now than SS will ever pay me.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post

If I had put what I paid in to SS in to a simple index fund when I started in 1972 I would have a hell of a lot more money coming in now than SS will ever pay me.
IF

operable word
Old 01-08-2017, 04:16 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
IF

operable word
Indeed. If chickens had lips, they wouldn't have to eat with their peckers.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:

Meanwhile the Republicans would rather end Social Security rather than ending the free ride of and making the rich pay their fair share.

Carl
Old 01-08-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Indeed. If chickens had lips, they wouldn't have to eat with their peckers.
That's right. If they did not take the money from the people who work their ass off doing something they don't like to support the deadbeat Obama voters we could do just fine without it.

But no, they are less fortunate. My ass. They are sorry as hell would be more accurate.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Admin

Showing your ass again, eh zero. I understand Mogadishu has the perfect business climate for the likes of you. No pesky taxes and no gun laws. It's survival of the fittest all the time. Well, survival of the well-armed...
You could be a pirate!
Old 01-08-2017, 09:06 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:

You made a choice that making a lot of money was more important than your quality of life. I could have made a whole lot more money if I had decided to represent management instead of working people. But I enjoy the value of job satisfaction, a clear conscience, and the pleasure of whupping up on management lawyers on a regular basis.

See, I spend a lot of my time making sure that people who want to work are able to keep working. The interests I represent are not deadbeats, but skilled workers who want to work for a fair wage and under fair working conditions. But those hard working people, who benefit from fair labor laws and fair contracts, don't fit your narrative of the left.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Showing your ass again, eh zero. I understand Mogadishu has the perfect business climate for the likes of you. No pesky taxes and no gun laws. It's survival of the fittest all the time. Well, survival of the well-armed...
You could be a pirate!
You guys seem to live in some fantasy world.
You seem to think that the people who sacrificed and put forth the effort are no different from you. Just fortunate. That's bullshit.
The reason you never amounted to anything is on you. Same with everybody else.
You went and got a job working a hammer for somebody else and that is as far as you took it.
Now you think you deserve some fair share for being a grunt.
Good luck in the contest.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
You made a choice that making a lot of money was more important than your quality of life. I could have made a whole lot more money if I had decided to represent management instead of working people. But I enjoy the value of job satisfaction, a clear conscience, and the pleasure of whupping up on management lawyers on a regular basis.

See, I spend a lot of my time making sure that people who want to work are able to keep working. The interests I represent are not deadbeats, but skilled workers who want to work for a fair wage and under fair working conditions. But those hard working people, who benefit from fair labor laws and fair contracts, don't fit your narrative of the left.
What's a fair contract ? Exactly what do you think somebody doing a repetitive task with nothing invested and no skin in the game is supposed to make? What do you think that somebody who didn't even have the gumption to finish school is suppose to make? What do you think somebody who tells the boss "that is not my job" is supposed to make? What do you think somebody who is offered an opportunity but refuses it because it is harder is supposed to make ? Do you think that the purpose of a business is to give people jobs ? Do you wonder why countries whose people are happy to study and do whatever it takes are taking our jobs ?