Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Resident octogenarian

Brain Waves

How far do you think brain waves can transmit? Last night we were discussing the coming storm (we got about 7" of snow) and thought back to the blizzard of 1983 where we met. I started to speak of an event that she had mentioned in a letter happened to her in December 1982 at exactly the same instant Florence spoke of the event.

We do this all the time to the point where it can be scary. I recall while we were still courting I wrote to her on May 24th of something I saw about her yet she only told me of it June 5th.

I sometimes get the feeling that we are a single soul inhabiting two bodies. This sort of thing is not supposed to happen.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:09 AM
Ready

Marriage ESP it's called. But I think it's just that you've developed a deeply-shared common frame of reference at this point.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:14 AM
Mutated Member

There are things science will never be able to explain entirely. Like synchronicity for example.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Marriage ESP it's called. But I think it's just that you've developed a deeply-shared common frame of reference at this point.
Sounds plausible except that it was that way right from our first meeting, oh well whatever it is it surely makes communicating very easy.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:40 AM

[QUOTE=merrylander;202543]Sounds plausible except that it was that way right from our first meeting, oh well whatever it is it surely makes communicating very easy.[/QUOTE

It is called Imzadi,well at least on the star trek the next generation,It means two spirits as one,And I am sure there are other words for it too,Me and My wife Share it,even after her stroke it is still strong we are connected telepathicly in a lot of things in our everyday life.It is pretty rare to come onto another and share this but when you do you know it.

It is the same way I knew at the moment I saw my wife standing at the crosswalk going to work that it was divine intervention.and this was after working with her for a while,that day I saw her I just knew.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-car...b_3595992.html
Old 03-17-2014, 08:54 AM
Resident octogenarian

In the almost 31 years we have been together there have been three disagreements and one argument. Last February 11-12 was the 30th anniversary of our meeting in that blizzard. She had written in one of her latters that we should still write to each other from time to time. So I wrote her a letter and set it down in front of her along with a bottle of champagne.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
In the almost 31 years we have been together there have been three disagreements and one argument. Last February 11-12 was the 30th anniversary of our meeting in that blizzard. She had written in one of her latters that we should still write to each other from time to time. So I wrote her a letter and set it down in front of her along with a bottle of champagne.
Dissagreements and fighting are normal,just like you get mad at yourself and have your inner diputes,It is healthy and very much good for cleanseing the soul,it makes you stronger and bonds both souls tighter together.that is why it is good to know everyday that there is good in the things in your life and enjoy them to the fullest,it makes everything else livable.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Resident octogenarian

Well I went back 18 pages and could not find the 'what are you reading' thread. Since my creative muse has taken a nap I get a chance to read instead of write and am halfway through Paul Tillich's "Love Power and Jusstice" and it is interesting reading.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Area Man

Years ago I was dating a woman, Marcella, and we pretty much knew what each other was thinking. Which is why it didn't work. It lead to constant conflict, neither one of us being all that trustworthy at the time. I haven't seen her since then, but I think (hope) that I have changed for the better.

Dave
Old 03-17-2014, 03:25 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
I've lost all romanticism.

Some folks are predisposed to think similarly and, over time, it can become automatic and unhealthy. To wit, I am sort of an odd duck who requires an intellectual, physical or emotional kick in the balls every now and then: sometimes all three.

Symbionts can't do that because it hurts them, too.

I like Kevin Spacey's wife in House of Cards. I get that.