Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Trump says he'll "bring back" waterboarding, even if it doesn't work. Apparently, he just likes the idea of torture.

Yes.... Torture seems to be his strong suit. Every time I turn on the tv and hear something about him.... It is pure torture. 😉
Old 12-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Probably 40-45% of this country votes Republican. What kind of therapy or treatment do you propose we give them? Shock treatment and is it covered under O'Care?
40-45% for the Republicans in the next election is what I would be looking for if Trump gets the nomination. That would be a Democratic landslide which would mean they take back the senate and maybe even overcome enough of the GOP gerrymandering to take back the house.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:16 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
40-45% for the Republicans in the next election is what I would be looking for if Trump gets the nomination. That would be a Democratic landslide which would mean they take back the senate and maybe even overcome enough of the GOP gerrymandering to take back the house.
Here in deep red Orange county California I've been talking to Republicans and more than 70% are troubled by the staying power of Trump. Most say they will sit out the election if the 'Donald' is the nominee. A few have said they'll vote Democratic!!
Old 12-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Admin

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...%2Fin-the-news

Cute, eh?
Old 12-08-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
If Trump is the nominee, he'll get essentially all of the Republican vote. None of them would dream of voting for "That Clinton Bitch" or "The Commie". A sizable portion of independents would vote for him too, some for the reasons already mentioned and some who are afraid of black, brown people and Muslims.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
If Trump is the nominee, he'll get essentially all of the Republican vote. None of them would dream of voting for "That Clinton Bitch" or "The Commie". A sizable portion of independents would vote for him too, some for the reasons already mentioned and some who are afraid of black, brown people and Muslims.
Hillary is indeed a flawed candidate, but she'd beat Trump like a rented mule.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Ready

Quote:
He'll get essentially all of the Republican vote that votes. Many will stay home.

Only danger would be if too many Democratic voters decide it's a sure thing and stay home too.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:35 PM

Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell are suggesting that Trump is doing this to get dropped by the GOP and then claim an acceptable "out" of the contest because of unfair treatment by the Republican establishment. In other words he really does not want the job of President. Or he might not have expected his "campaign" to get this far.

It sort of makes sense if you look at it analytically. Why would say such stupid things if you know it will hurt you eventually in the general election? He is handing Hillary the Presidency on a silver platter whenever he opens his mouth. Which means he is "playing" his own supporters. Taking his ball and going home because of the unfairness of the GOP gives him an excuse, a sort of defeat with honor. This still does not excuse his racism.

I do not know if this is correct...if he starts to drop debate appearances I would think it was possible.

Last edited by icenine; 12-08-2015 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:16 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

^^^^ Makes sense to me.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:59 AM

When considering the actions of the GOP, the party that elected W twice. Dick was just a VP in their minds. Still thinks invading Iraq was justified. Waterboarding effective. Trickle down and tax cuts are sound economic growth tools. Believe there is such a thing as a compassionate conservative. The Rebel flag is not a racist reminder.

Nothing they now do will surprise me. So Trump if winning the nomination stands a very good chance of winning it all.

Barney