Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-12-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Blue hate is the lesser of two hates. That being said, hate is hate.
If you're referring to me, I've never been a Democrat. I voted Republican while in the military, as most of us did, mostly on pocketbook issues. Voted for Obama twice, who history will show to be one of our top tier presidents. Had to hold my nose to vote for Hillary, but the choice between her and a chimpanzee would have been just as easy for anyone capable of rational thought.

I've never been a card-carying member of any party. Both have way too many issues to gain my loyalty, so I vote as an independent for the most qualified candidates.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
If these hateful racist Trump foot soldiers want to demonstrate they should stay home and protest in their own redneck shithole towns and not bring their hatred to Charlottesville, a beautiful, peaceful city dedicated to higher education, something every one of those pricks disdains.

That said, those who rightfully despise these neo-Nazi pricks should learn to ignore them. They go to places like Portland and Charlottesville in an effort to provoke a violent response and thereby make themselves martyrs for their hateful cause. Needless to say, Trump won't condemn the Alt-Right, Neo-Nazi and KKK perpetrators of this mess as they represent his loyal and newly empowered supporters.
Lee Park has a nice statue of Mars Lee that is getting some scrutiny. I was dining out with some friends in Bishop Arts District last night and when the statue came up I said it should be kept with a new historic marker pointing out that Bobby Lee was a traitor and a mediocre Army commander to boot.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:41 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
If you're referring to me, I've never been a Democrat. I voted Republican while in the military, as most of us did, mostly on pocketbook issues. Voted for Obama twice, who history will show to be one of our top tier presidents. Had to hold my nose to vote for Hillary, but the choice between her and a chimpanzee would have been just as easy for anyone capable of rational thought.

I've never been a card-carying member of any party. Both have way too many issues to gain my loyalty, so I vote as an independent for the most qualified candidates.
I was referring to our divisive blue/red dynamic.

Last edited by nailer; 08-12-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Anybody see that speech the King just made? Holy crap, he is horrible. About 1 minute on the events in Charlottesville and ten minutes of "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! I'M SO FABULOUS!"..... Good Grief.

The end of this administration just can't come fast enough.
Quote:
President Donald Trump declined to condemn the violent actions and protests of white supremacists on Saturday, who had converged on Charlottesville, Va., en masse to protest the removal of a statue of a Confederate general.

The clashes killed at least one person and injured a number of others.

Instead, Trump called out in what he deemed the strongest possible terms "this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides — on many sides.” Yet, he never denounced by name the extremist group, or called their behavior unacceptable. He made his pronouncements from his golf club in New Jersey just before signing a bill related to veterans’ health care.
The asshole refuses to call out these neo Nazis, because they are his most ardent supporters. I just hope Mueller can nail the ass quickly for the tax evasion and money laundering everyone knows he's guilty of.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...iolence-241575
Old 08-12-2017, 05:55 PM

"The list of things Donald Trump is too weak and frightened to criticize:
1. Vladimir Putin
2. White Supremacists
3. Neo-Nazis terrorists"

Joe Scarborough
Old 08-12-2017, 05:59 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
The asshole refuses to call out these neo Nazis, because they are his most ardent supporters. I just hope Mueller can nail the ass quickly for the tax evasion and money laundering everyone knows he's guilty of.

Somehow I doubt that Mueller will succeed where the IRS has failed and pretty sure The Donald's already paid the penalty for the money laundering charge.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:

Yet, Trump's non-specific criticism was still too much for David Duke.

Former KKK leader David Duke struck out at President Donald Trump for condemning the violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

In a series of tweets Duke questioned why the president, whom he usually supports, is attacking white Americans who put him "in the presidency."

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ille/23075788/

What a den of snakes Trump and his loyalists are.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
You really don't get it, do you? This is Trump's base. They love the fascist. Your undying support for Trump makes you and your ilk just as guilty as those who salute your Dear Leader.
Doubling down on being an ass, I see.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:36 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
That's rich coming from you, Mike. ((chuckle))
Old 08-12-2017, 07:38 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You either condemn racism or you own it. Take your pick.