Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:29 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Only once myself, to Cannes. It was beautiful, the people were lovely. We were supposed to port in Monaco but the wind was too strong so we went to Cannes instead. When we got there, there were throngs of wind surfers and kite surfers ripping through the waves.
Barcelona, Spain was also great. We had two days there, but I could go back and spend a week, easy.
Italy, not so much. Dirty, graffiti everywhere, lots of homeless living in tents/shacks along the railroad right of way while the tour guides tell stories of the rent controlled buildings being inhabited by politicians and elites.
Cannes is a gorgeous city as is Nice. One thing I noticed about the French; Talk to them slow, loud and in English and you might as well just leave. But make an attempt, even a poor attempt, to listen and speak to them in French showing an interest in their culture and the doors fling wide open. They suddenly go from cold and aloof to warm and friendly. You find out quick that they do NOT hate Americans in general. They hate the arrogance and superior attitude some Americans seem to feel entitled to.

Go back to Italy, but spend your time in Tuscany. It's one of the most wonderful places on earth. Vacationing in Naples is like vacationing in Camden, NJ. The state of one city is not indicative of the rest of the nation.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:40 PM

Making fun of the French seems like a meme with forgotten roots. My little experience with a few French people happened at work. At international meetings they smoked with me during breaks. That was a nice ice breaker.

They do seem to be proud of their culture and, IMO, for good reason. While I do not pretend to understand their culture, their design cues are certainly identifiable. Who does not want to identify with something? John Deere green anyone?