Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:50 AM
Admin

Trump's Shell Game

'Don’t get distracted by Trump’s ‘dead cats’' WP

"Donald Trump, we have long known, is a weapon of mass distraction. He detonates daily, or more often.
But now that he is president, the fallout is dangerous.
Just after noon on Tuesday, alarming news began to spread that the Trump administration was imposing a gag order on the agencies of the federal government. The Environmental Protection Agency, the Agriculture Department, the Interior Department and the Department of Health and Human Services all reported various new edicts restricting federal agencies’ use of social media, appearances in public events or contacts with the press or lawmakers. It was an authoritarian gesture that, in an ordinary time, would dominate the news.

But this is no ordinary time. As word of the gag orders spread, White House press secretary Sean Spicer came before the cameras and said publicly what Trump had already said privately the day before: that Trump believes millions of people voted illegally in the election.
“He continues to maintain that belief,” Spicer confirmed, “based on studies and evidence that people have presented to him.” But what, Spicer was asked, “does that mean for democracy?”
“It means that I’ve answered your question.”

Ka-boom. The president, through his spokesman, had just put himself at odds with leaders of his own party, Republican secretaries of state across the nation and virtually the entire store of human knowledge on the subject — and the social-media and cable news chatter quickly shifted.
Meanwhile, the sweeping gag orders muzzling the federal government quietly take effect...

...Distraction has long been Trump’s modus operandi. He dominated coverage during the primaries with outrageous pronouncements, thereby depriving his opponents of the media spotlight. When news coverage of his transition was particularly tough, he created a new narrative by attacking the cast of the musical “Hamilton.” It’s a constant use of the “dead cat” strategy: throw a dead cat on the table, and prior conversation on any other topic ceases.
But now Trump is president, and the stakes are higher. His fantastic claims about crowd size and voter fraud now divert Americans’ attention from serious and real changes in their government. We gape at dead cats, but the wolf is at the door." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.fe05e58a6d8b
Old 01-26-2017, 07:54 AM

Funny thing about people like Blob, if Trump improves the economy and helps everybody in the process they will hate him even more.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:11 AM
Ready

You're projecting. Obama improved the economy and helped everybody and you hated him even more....

Trump won't help everybody. For just one example, watch the police body count go up in the 'inner city.'
Old 01-26-2017, 08:59 AM

The OP makes a very good point.

Magicians use slight of hand. Trump uses outrageous BS. I think this is his slight of hand to keep people of balance as he moves forward with his own agenda.

Very Himmler/Hitlerish...........
Old 01-26-2017, 09:16 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
Funny thing about people like Blob, if Trump improves the economy and helps everybody in the process they will hate him even more.
We all know who he will help - Wall Street - that is why the market topped 20k yesterday.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
Let's turn this statement on its head. What would Trump have to do for his supporters to turn on him? One of the most concerning things to me is that Trump and his supporters will not admit that he ever does wrong. Whether you agree with Trump or not, it's silly to try and spin everything he does in a positive light. I don't think Obama supporters did that, en masse, the way Trump supporters have done so far.

Ultimately, if you spin everything as a positive than you lose credibility when something positive actually occurs.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:05 AM
Persona non grata

Another day, another 357 anti-Trump hatchet jobs by the media. This shit has gotten as boring as watching paint dry.

I've gotten to the point where about the only thing I'll believe that comes out of the media is maybe the final score of the super bowl. And even then I'm going to look for several sources for corroboration.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Another day, another 357 anti-Trump hatchet jobs by the media. This shit has gotten as boring as watching paint dry.

I've gotten to the point where about the only thing I'll believe that comes out of the media is maybe the final score of the super bowl. And even then I'm going to look for several sources for corroboration.
With this comment, you have as much credibility as Trump himself. If you don't trust the media, don't believe what they publish, it is so easy to verify in this information age. Very little can be hidden, even Trump's gag order is probably going to blow up in his face.

Trump won with the help of Wikileaks, he is going to be buried by leaks if he does not stop with his lies and conspiracies. Media loves to dig and people love to talk.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:33 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
With this comment, you have as much credibility as Trump himself. If you don't trust the media, don't believe what they publish, it is so easy to verify in this information age. Very little can be hidden, even Trump's gag order is probably going to blow up in his face.

Trump won with the help of Wikileaks, he is going to be buried by leaks if he does not stop with his lies and conspiracies. Media loves to dig and people love to talk.
In other words you are going to kick back and let the establishments propaganda machine brainwash you.

Well, that's your problem, not mine.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
You're projecting. Obama improved the economy and helped everybody and you hated him even more....

Trump won't help everybody. For just one example, watch the police body count go up in the 'inner city.'
Inner cities like Chicago need State of Emergency.

One of the great irony...Obama speech from Chicago.

Trump should put the spot light on Chicago.