Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Next time you have to replace a gooseneck get an easy out, I carry one in my plumbing kit. I don't think you can thread any kind of plastic worth a shit.

Actually, the shower arm is made from chrome plated brass, although I have seen some white ones. I'll be more than happy to send you a chrome Moen at no cost, I've a pile of them, just PM me an address. Can't help you with brushed nickel or bronze.

It still sounds to me like someone slipped and grabbed the shower head, or stressed it in some way. They're generally pretty tough.

Chas
I think that I need to get a 1/2" NPT tap and clean out the elbow a bit as the new gooseneck only went in about three turns, though it was quite hard getting the last quarter turn, I wrapped it with teflon tape first. The new one I put is was made in Taiwan and I usually found them to be better that the mainland bunch.

Thanks for that site, painter, I added it to my favourites.

Last edited by merrylander; 07-01-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
.I always kinda liked that...Stickin' it to a bunch of arrogant New England Yankees...Mbwahahahaha...
I like you too, Sandy. I just wish I could find that grinning middle finger smiley. LOLOL
Old 07-01-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvenMaster View Post
I like you too, Sandy. I just wish I could find that grinning middle finger smiley. LOLOL
Present company excepted, of course, Tom...There WAS a lot of friendly-and SOMETIMES-a bit "testy" rivalry between the Framingham bunch & the Rogersville crew...The biggest problems we had were w/some of the manager types they sent down...Some of them WERE very antagonistic, & thought we were all a bunch of "Deliverance" types. We WERE, but once they got down here, & found out we didn't really bite-Too hard, anyway-things got better. I had to go up there a few times, & they couldn't have been nicer to me, though. Once I went up there in January, landed at Logan, by the time we got to F'ingham there was 22" of snow on the ground...I told 'em I appreciated the honor & all, but they coulda saved it for someone else...Damstuff wasn't even good snow-Very dry & dusty, you couldn't make a decent snowball outta it...Bigest thing I hated was I NEVER really got to see Boston- Typically, we'd land at Logan, haul @ss out to F'ingham, spend 2 or 3 days holed up in a hotel or at 300 Howard Street, which was where Dennison's headquarters was & then back to Logan & home. Once, I DID get the gal driving the limo to go thru town, she showed me Faneul Hall, The Constitution, the stadium, & where The Big Dig was. I was in their Purchasing Group, & once I hosted our group's meeting, I REALLY tried to "put on the Dog" for them-We have a "colonial" hotel-Actually, a "Jacksonian" era hotel, it was built in 1824, & I rented out the whole thing-all 10 rooms, & told the chef there to do his damndest. I think they were impressed...(grin)
Old 07-01-2009, 03:20 PM

Damn Yankees

Quote:
Hehehehehe...In the late '70s thru '92, my company belonged to Dennison Mfg. Co, an "Office Products" supplier out of Framingham, Mass. They were into EVERYTHING, pens, Carter's Ink, but one thing they made that EVERYBODY knows about are the little tiny re-inforcements that kids put around the holes in notebook paper...The also had Therimage, a heat-setting decalcomania that went on soft bottles, like French's Mustard & a LOT of hair-care & related products. They bought us because WE printed labels, too, & they thought they could utilise our capacity. Didn't really work out that way, our presses were 36" web width, & Therimage works best on narrow-web presses, no more than 20" wide tops. Their pressmen & engineers never could get Therimage to run faster than 2-300 feet a minute, which is dreadfully slow. They put up a narrow-web press at our place, & us dumb ol' hillbillies who didn't know Jack Schitt about printing-so THEY thought, anyhow, soon had it running along at 4-500 feet a minute...With better register, less ink spots, etc to boot...I always kinda liked that...Stickin' it to a bunch of arrogant New England Yankees...Mbwahahahaha...
Ya know Sandy, th' war's been over fer 150 years. Even I quit runnin' people with Kansas plates offa the road.

Never did figger out why they thought honkin' that damn horn was gonna do 'em any good.

Chas
Old 07-01-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Present company excepted, of course, Tom...
Of course!
Old 07-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Lets sticky this thread.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Administrator

http://www.kimballmidwest.com/ Found this link on a chevelle site I hang on. They say 85% of their hardware is US made. Thats nearly unhead of when trying to find simple things such as nuts and bolts.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
http://www.kimballmidwest.com/ Found this link on a chevelle site I hang on. They say 85% of their hardware is US made. Thats nearly unhead of when trying to find simple things such as nuts and bolts.
They are now in my favorites.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Resident octogenarian

Mine also.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:42 AM
Area Man

Hills Bros., MJB, Chock Full o' Nuts, Master Chef, Chase & Sanborn, Market Pantry, Kirkland, Javana, Dunkin Donuts, Albertsons and Meijer brand coffees are all American processed and packaged right here at my plant in Suffolk, Virginia. We sure would appreciate your business.

(Hope I didn't break any rules.)

Dave