Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I liked the hell out of George W Bush, and did indeed vote for him twice. I also hate Obama, Pelosi, and Reid, so it sounds like you all have this Republican pegged. That's why I'm having such pleasure in watching the Democrat party fail as miserably as they did in the Carter years.
I've got a simple question for you, TD. It may not have a simple answer but I'm interested to know.

Why do you hate - you know, hate - the President and the Democratic Senate leadership? Do you think they are evil people who intend the country and its people harm? Is that why you hate them?

It seems possible to me to disagree with people strongly without hating them. We here on PC have some pretty profound differences of opinion, faith, etc. but I don't think there's any hatred here.

John
Old 03-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Banned

What a worthless thread!
Old 03-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
What a worthless thread!
What a worthless post. Reminds me of that Carly Simon song, You're so vain. "I'll bet you think this song is about you." Actually, this thread is about you and yours.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-15-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
What a worthless thread!
Well what do you know! Thought your ass must be dead or something but the topic turns to hate and there you are!

John
Old 03-15-2010, 08:22 PM

What about the 67 democrats that agreed there were WMDs Dray? Were they evil as well? Did they have something personal going on too?

The hatred for Obama, Pelosi, and Reid comes from what they are doing to this country and her children.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:33 PM

[QUOTE=Twodogs;23098]What about the 67 democrats that agreed there were WMDs Dray? Were they evil as well? Did they have something personal going on too?[QUOTE]

You do realize they were basing their conclusions on the bullshit intelligence the Bushies allowed them to see, don't you? That little fact has been around for years but the right never seems to remember when it comes time to bash some Dems.

Quote:
The hatred for Obama, Pelosi, and Reid comes from what they are doing to this country and her children.
So, they're doing this on purpose? They actually want to harm the country?

John
Old 03-15-2010, 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=Boreas;23100][QUOTE=Twodogs;23098]What about the 67 democrats that agreed there were WMDs Dray? Were they evil as well? Did they have something personal going on too?
Quote:

You do realize they were basing their conclusions on the bullshit intelligence the Bushies allowed them to see, don't you? That little fact has been around for years but the right never seems to remember when it comes time to bash some Dems.

So, they're doing this on purpose? They actually want to harm the country?

John
That gets us back to the; "Are they trying to destroy the country, or just inept" question? Either way, I hate'm.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
What about the 67 democrats that agreed there were WMDs Dray? Were they evil as well? Did they have something personal going on too?

The best I remember, the Clinton Administration did a lot of saber rattling, talking about how something was going to have to be done with Saddam.

Then Bush went and did it, and he's been a no account SOB in the eyes of the left every since. Or course, he already WAS a no account SOB in their eyes to start with, even before he stole the election.

But the Republican's are the party of hate.

Go figger.

Chas
Old 03-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The best I remember, the Clinton Administration did a lot of saber rattling, talking about how something was going to have to be done with Saddam.

Then Bush went and did it, and he's been a no account SOB in the eyes of the left every since. Or course, he already WAS a no account SOB in their eyes to start with, even before he stole the election.

Go figger.

Chas
The Clinton administration did not venture that an invasion was necessary to deal with Saddam, and the Clinton administration tried to warn the Bush administration about Osama Bin Laden, who Obama is now after. It's one thing to suggest doing more, it's another thing to lie about the reason for invading a country.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
And a certain argument can be made that the "Sub Prime Crisis" was due to the repeal of the Glass Steagall Act during the Clinton Administration,
I didn't know about any of this when it happened, but having heard a few things recently, I am a believer.

Quote:

There's a difference, I believe, between saber rattling and invasion. I think you have to pose a credible threat that you'll come in with the bombs if you're playing the game Clinton was playing. Clinton knew what was going on and in my opinion played the cards pretty well. What they found, or didn't find, when they got there is evidence of that.

Bush wasn't savvy enough to play that game and called Sadams bluff. Probably still doesn't realize that he played the hand so poorly. A lot of "we sure showed him!" going on there in my opinion. In the mean time, we're still burning money in that pit.

As for the left thinking Bush was a no account SOB, yeah, guess so. But you don't have to leave this tread to see the same from the right.