Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Abby Normal

How young and how often

I was just watching the news and a they did a short segment about young people abusing prescription medicines.

Some Dr suggested that a study should be done to determine how young and how often kids are abusing stimulant prescription drugs.

Are you freakin' kidding me?

Kids are abusing prescription drugs as young as the doctors are willing to write the prescriptions.

How many abuse them? About 95%.

Now that I solved that for the medical morons, what we need to do is take the prescription pads away from the godawful doctors who give stimulates to kids.

Antidepressants and their dear cousins the ADD drugs are the ultimate gateway drugs and your corner DR the enabler.

Big Pharma makes the drug cartels look like neighborhood kids getting into trouble at the high school.

Capitalism, the land of lost ethics and gluttonous wealth. Obviously the greatest thing since sliced bread, right you right wing real Americans?
Old 06-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Admin

Remember when we were kids, Ed?

All we had to worry about was chocolate Mescaline, Psilocybin, 'Peace Pills', STP, 'White Owsley' and 'Orange Sunshine'...

edit - Sorry I know it's no joking matter.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:49 PM

Every time you see one of those suites with their little hand carts and free meals coming into a doctors office pushing products, the answer should now be apparent, profit!

See what allowing the (free) marketplace setting the rules will get you.

As long as a kickback for prescribing is allowed this will continue.

Barney
Old 06-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Every time you see one of those suites with their little hand carts and free meals coming into a doctors office pushing products, the answer should now be apparent, profit!

Barney
Yep, we have 'incentivized' healthcare in this country. It's sick and it needs to stop. Banning pharmaceutical adverts would be a good start.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:07 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Remember when we were kids, Ed?

All we had to worry about was chocolate Mescaline, Psilocybin, 'Peace Pills', STP, 'White Owsley' and 'Orange Sunshine'...

edit - Sorry I know it's no joking matter.
I recall, Bennies, Dexies, crossroads, dope (heroin), 714's, Mescaline, Orange Barrel, Phenobarbital (yellow jackets) , Seconal (reds), Tuinals, pot, hash... even valium and Librium. cocaine, meth...
Old 06-05-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I was just watching the news and a they did a short segment about young people abusing prescription medicines.

Some Dr suggested that a study should be done to determine how young and how often kids are abusing stimulant prescription drugs.

Are you freakin' kidding me?

Kids are abusing prescription drugs as young as the doctors are willing to write the prescriptions.

How many abuse them? About 95%.

Now that I solved that for the medical morons, what we need to do is take the prescription pads away from the godawful doctors who give stimulates to kids.

Antidepressants and their dear cousins the ADD drugs are the ultimate gateway drugs and your corner DR the enabler.

Big Pharma makes the drug cartels look like neighborhood kids getting into trouble at the high school.

Capitalism, the land of lost ethics and gluttonous wealth. Obviously the greatest thing since sliced bread, right you right wing real Americans?
I agree with you about the drugs BigTime. Before my dad retired from the PD he had a doctor shut down and the doctor can't practice again anywhere. So many people were using and selling pills that were coming from that doctor's ok it wasn't funny. You see, if you are getting 90 days worth of pills in 30 days a red flag is thrown. And as for those other pills that give a feller a woody... well a young guy has no business being given them. As a matter of fact.. even at 40 if that part stops working then it's a sign something else is also going on that needs looking into. The pill is only a crutch for that warning sign that something is ''causing'' that dysfunction.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I recall, Bennies, Dexies, crossroads, dope (heroin), 714's, Mescaline, Orange Barrel, Phenobarbital (yellow jackets) , Seconal (reds), Tuinals, pot, hash... even valium and Librium. cocaine, meth...
Invite me to your next party chief
Old 06-06-2015, 12:19 AM
reflexionar

You guys all left out the green gooies and microdots. Of course I started out with suds and buds. Unfortunately, I couldn't blame it on ADD medication, as there was no disorder by that name when I was a kid. I think we called it being a boy.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:53 AM
Area Man

What they do to us old farts isn't much better.

Has anyone here noticed that shortly after they put you on statins for cholesterol,
your blood sugar goes up and the next prescription is Metformin?
Old 06-06-2015, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post

Barney
This is a major problem, and the kickbacks are not a paltry sum either from what I gather. But who will stop this and how? Kickbacks will turn into junkets and our members of congress already enjoy this perk and love it. You think they are going to take this up ever?