Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:21 AM
Administrator

For the first time in 3 decades

I am considering not voting. Its tearing me up since I have always felt it my civic duty. Just cannot vote for any of the candidates we have. They are all a joke...

Grumpy
Old 02-01-2016, 09:37 AM

I know some folks would chastise you for that. I also will not vote if there is no one running that I believe in. I don't much go in for voting the lessor of two evils.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I am considering not voting. Its tearing me up since I have always felt it my civic duty. Just cannot vote for any of the candidates we have. They are all a joke...

Grumpy
IT means that Trump has done a great job...by his not so PC approach, he has blown up the establishment.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:47 AM
Area Man

I think we all know how THAT feels.

However, I WILL vote for what I believe is the lesser of two evils.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
IT means that Trump has done a great job...by his not so PC approach, he has blown up the establishment.
This whole "anti-PC" thing the right tosses about amuses me. Because, sometimes what they complain about isn't a matter of "political correctness" at all, it's just common decency. Besides, they have plenty of "political correctness" of their own.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 02-01-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Its not just Trump. All of them suck big black donkey balls !

Maybe a decent Indy contender will come along. Would be wasting my vote but least id vote..
Old 02-01-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
This whole "anti-PC" thing the right tosses about amuses me. Because, sometimes what they complain about isn't a matter of "political correctness" at all, it's just common decency. Besides, they have plenty of "political correctness" of their own.
I don't see much common decency in the GOP. Hate and intolerance is all they spew....
Old 02-01-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

Grumpy
Thank you for your candor, Dave.
The wingnuts have pushed the GOP so far to the extreme that it's center is on the border of what used to be considered the extreme. The term "conservative" is pushed so hard and overused to the point that many otherwise rational folk consider it a synonym for asshole, and will likely vote based on that perception. I myself now vote straight ticket because of unintentionally sending onesuch to Washington DC based on what was admittedly bad advice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 02-01-2016 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:12 AM
Administrator

For decades I was a straight ticket voter. That changed many elections ago. Much harder on a voter like me to find candidates.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:17 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
I don't see much common decency in the GOP. Hate and intolerance is all they spew....
That wasn't the point. They spew hate and intolerance to drown out what THEY consider "political correctness". It's not "political correctness" to say that racism exists, excessive greed and exploitation is a bad thing or that it's wrong to mock people who suffer from neuro-muscular disorders. It's just common decency.

These people have gotten so wrapped up in their A-hole Crusade they have lost sight of that.