Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:59 AM
Persona non grata

BUSTED: Pro-Clinton Super PAC Caught Spending $1 Million on Social Media Trolls

I didn't put this in the Politics section because paid shills are not limited to politics , but rather are pervasive all over the internet. Ya gotta take every comment or review of a product or service with a grain of salt because many of them are fake.

http://usuncut.com/politics/clinton-super-pac-busted/

Quote:
A Super PAC headed by a longtime Clinton operative is spending $1 million to hire online trolls to “correct” Bernie Sanders’ supporters on social media.

Correct The Record (CTR), which is operated by Clinton attack dog and new owner of Blue Nation Review David Brock, launched a new initiative this week called “Barrier Breakers 2016” for the purpose of debating supporters of Senator Bernie Sanders — or “Bernie Bros,” as they’re referred to in Correct the Record’s press official release — on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and other social media platforms.

The “Barrier Breakers” will also publicly thank Hillary Clinton’s superdelegates and fans for supporting her campaign. The paid trolls are professional communicators, coming from public relations and media backgrounds.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:34 AM

Brock is still the same scumbag who trashed Anita Hill for money and then made more money off of her by confessing in a book.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/27/us...ce-thomas.html
Old 04-22-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I didn't put this in the Politics section because paid shills are not limited to politics , but rather are pervasive all over the internet. Ya gotta take every comment or review of a product or service with a grain of salt because many of them are fake.

http://usuncut.com/politics/clinton-super-pac-busted/
Almost every web site has a paid right wing troll to "correct" liberals too. But we've known that for years. ten cents a post......
Old 04-22-2016, 09:24 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

I bet all candidates have PAC's doing the exact same thing. If they don't, they should.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:42 AM
Admin

Someone must've got their hands some bad mescaline at usuncut.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:41 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Someone must've got their hands some bad mescaline at usuncut.
Actually, what they got their hands on was this press release:

http://correctrecord.org/barrier-bre...ct-the-record/

QFT:
Quote:
In response to these attacks on supporters and superdelegates, Correct The Record is launching the Barrier Breakers 2016 digital task force. While Hillary Clinton fights to break down barriers and bring America together, the Barrier Breakers 2016 digital task force will serve as a resource for supporters looking for positive content and push-back to share with their online progressive communities, as well as thanking prominent supporters and committed superdelegates on social media.

Correct The Record will invest more than $1 million into Barrier Breakers 2016 activities, including the more than tripling of its digital operation to engage in online messaging both for Secretary Clinton and to push back against attackers on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and Instagram. Barrier Breakers 2016 is a project of Correct The Record and the brainchild of David Brock....
Old 04-22-2016, 01:25 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Actually, what they got their hands on was this press release:

QFT:
Complete press release
"Task force will help Clinton supporters push back on online harassment and thank
superdelegates

Anonymous online attacks, from both sides of the political spectrum, have sought to spread lies and misleading narratives about Secretary Hillary Clinton. Hillary’s supporters are more enthusiastic than Sen. Bernie Sanders’ supporters, yet oftentimes are discouraged from engaging online and are “often afraid to voice their thoughts” because of the fear of online harassment. Many of Hillary Clinton’s female supporters in particular have been subject to intense cyber-bullying and sexist attacks from swarms of anonymous attackers.

Among the many Hillary Clinton supporters attacked online, superdelegates have been subject to vicious attacks for supporting her. Even the director of MoveOn, which has endorsed Sen. Sanders, denounced this harassment.

In response to these attacks on supporters and superdelegates, Correct The Record is launching the Barrier Breakers 2016 digital task force. While Hillary Clinton fights to break down barriers and bring America together, the Barrier Breakers 2016 digital task force will serve as a resource for supporters looking for positive content and push-back to share with their online progressive communities, as well as thanking prominent supporters and committed superdelegates on social media.

Correct The Record will invest more than $1 million into Barrier Breakers 2016 activities, including the more than tripling of its digital operation to engage in online messaging both for Secretary Clinton and to push back against attackers on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and Instagram. Barrier Breakers 2016 is a project of Correct The Record and the brainchild of David Brock, and the task force will be overseen by President of Correct The Record Brad Woodhouse and Digital Director Benjamin Fischbein. The task force staff’s backgrounds are as diverse as the community they will be engaging with and include former reporters, bloggers, public affairs spe************************ts, designers, Ready for Hillary alumni, and Hillary super fans who have led groups similar to those with which the task force will organize.

Lessons learned from online engagement with “Bernie Bros” during the Democratic Primary will be applied to the rest of the primary season and general election–responding quickly and forcefully to negative attacks and false narratives. Additionally, as the general election approaches, the task force will begin to push out information to Sanders supporters online, encouraging them to support Hillary Clinton.

The task force currently combats online political harassment, having already addressed more than 5,000 individuals who have personally attacked Secretary Clinton on Twitter. The task force will provide a presence and space online where Clinton supporters can organize and engage with one another and are able to obtain graphics, videos, gifs, and messaging to use in their own social spaces. Additionally, the Barrier Breakers 2016 task force hopes to embrace the creativity of Hillary Clinton’s supporters by sharing their efforts and content with other groups."

What exactly is the problem with this? Maybe I need more coffee...

Last edited by bobabode; 04-22-2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:35 PM
Ready

Astroturf, the crabgress of the Internet.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:28 PM
Abby Normal

can't wait till whelly get's outed
Old 04-22-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
can't wait till whelly get's outed
I always figured that whell being an AKer sorta meant he couldn't be a paid troll but then I realized that the the two things aren't mutually exclusive.