Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Abby Normal

Imbecile

PALIN: He who warned, uh, the British that they weren’t going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Area Man

The Circus resumes. I liked her description of Trump as "...down to earth and well grounded...."

OMG,

Dave
Old 06-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
PALIN: He who warned, uh, the British that they weren’t going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed.
It's hard to argue with that logic.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:36 PM

Ah NoOneReal:

The mission of those British Soldiers WAS to take the armories at Lexington and Concord.

THAT -- dear hysterical bro --- IS historical fact...

So your point is.... ???? At least ding her for her ding-bat moments.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
Ah NoOneReal:

The mission of those British Soldiers WAS to take the armories at Lexington and Concord.

THAT -- dear hysterical bro --- IS historical fact...

So your point is.... ???? At least ding her for her ding-bat moments.
clue, Paul Revere did not warn the British, he warned of the British

also I wonder what kind of bell she thinks he rang, the liberty bell no doubt
Old 06-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
clue, Paul Revere did not warn the British, he warned of the British

also I wonder what kind of bell she thinks he rang, the liberty bell no doubt
Hey, he warned somebody about something. That pretty much passes a Factual Accuracy Review in the Palin universe.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:28 PM

I think our local reporting of this Palin incident was ... lacking or embellished. Take a pick.

OK -- so let's get an OFFICIAL report...

http://teachingamericanhistory.org/l...p?document=865
Quote:
I am to acquaint your Lordship that having received Intelligence of a large Quantity of Military Stores being collected at Concord, for the avowed Purpose of Supplying a Body of Troops to act in opposition to His Majesty�s Government, I got the Grenadiers and Light Infantry out of Town under the Command of Lieutenant Colonel Smith of the 10th Regiment and Major Pitcairne of the Marines with as much Secrecy as possible, on the 18th at Night and with Orders to destroy the said Military Stores, and Supported them the next Morning by Eight Companys of the 4th the same Number of the 23d, 47th and Marines, under the Command of Lord Percy. It appears from the Firing of Alarm Guns and Ringing of Bells that the March of Lieutenant Colonel Smith was discovered, and he was opposed by a Body of Men within Six Miles of Concord; Some few of whom first began to fire upon his advanced Companys which brought on a Fire from the Troops that dispersed the Body opposed to them; and they proceeded to Concord where they destroyed all the Military Stores they could find, on the Return of the Troops they were attacked from all Quarters where any Cover was to be found, from whence it was practicable to annoy them, and they were so fatigued with their March that it was with Difflculty they could keep out their Flanking Partys to remove the Enemy to a Distance, so that they were at length a good deal pressed.
Pay no attention EVEN to the OFFICIAL press people who I see making statements like Revere was on "covert mission" and didn't want to "warn the enemy with which were at war". Therefore there was no bell-ringing or firing of shots. Now there's an IMBECILE. We were at war?

Once Adams was warned, the mission became to assemble the militia and ringing bells was part of that.. Note that Revere was detained by the British regulars right up until the encounter on the Green.

If you REALLY want to get technical, we were not yet at war -- therefore he WAS warning the British.. But hey, she just got sloppy without a script, without a plan, without a staff, without a teleprompter.. So BELITTLE her for that. She got the history part correct....

Can we at least play fair now?

IDIOTS??

YOU BETCHA!

Last edited by flacaltenn; 06-03-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:09 PM

She is extremely inarticulate. That's not a good quality for someone who aspires to be taken seriously on the world stage. The fact that so many people think that being "folksy" and inarticulate is acceptable for an aspiring leader is a sad commentary on the dumbing down of society. We shouldn't want our leaders to be "just like us" and "regular folks." We should want our leaders to be the best and brightest. OF COURSE they should understand and be able to think like, and empathize with "regular folks," but they should also possess levels of intelligence, insightfulness, understanding of other cultures and viewpoints, worldliness, and a diversity of life experience well beyond that of most "regular folks." That's part of what makes them "leaders" and not just part of the herd. Charisma counts too, and I'll give Palin that. She's charismatic. But beyond that she's... well, I'll ask those of you who support her to tell us what she's got behind the charisma and why she should be taken seriously as a potential leader.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:16 PM

Absolutely JonL:

It drives the elite politcal correspondents BONKERS! You are correct. People who don't read scripts or teleprompters AND CAN'T STOP BABBLING more often than not appear inarticulate. I just don't want to sit around and watch a lynching -- that's all.

There's just a backlog of folksy types that are tired of slick packaging and armies of writers and staff. But the BABBLING is a definate turn-off for me.. (maybe because I'm familiar with that nasty trait)
Old 06-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Maybe $arah is trying to one-up her look-a-like Bachmann who thought the battles of Lexington and Concord were fought in New Hampshire. At least she got the state right.

Last edited by finnbow; 06-03-2011 at 04:54 PM.