Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Expecting CDC to fully understand the nature of Ebola is grossly unfair. Look how long it took with AIDS. So it's just another dart thrown at the president as if he could have actually commanded the CDC to come up with a cure and a vaccination.
So the Dems are being "grossly unfair" and throwing darts?

Democrats also privately gripe that the administration's response to Ebola was too slow, playing directly into a Republican narrative of Democratic mismanagement.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...ing-blame-game
Old 10-23-2014, 10:19 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Go ahead and not address a legit question, Tommy.
A legit question my ass, it was a bullshit question.

What makes me think Hillary will get the nomination?

Because she has a 50 plus point lead in all the polls over her nearest contenders dipshit.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tion-3824.html
Old 10-24-2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
So the Dems are being "grossly unfair" and throwing darts?

Democrats also privately gripe that the administration's response to Ebola was too slow, playing directly into a Republican narrative of Democratic mismanagement.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...ing-blame-game
From the link you posted.

"Years of disappointment and tension between Democrats and their president are now on open display as politicians, party leaders and strategists worried about their chances in the midterm elections begin casting about for someone to blame."

This is politics and electioneering at it's worst. Anyone can play the blame game. Has someone from either party suggested what they would have done differently?
Old 10-24-2014, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
A legit question my ass, it was a bullshit question.

What makes me think Hillary will get the nomination?

Because she has a 50 plus point lead in all the polls over her nearest contenders dipshit.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tion-3824.html
Yup, and she had large leads in the polls in 2007 as well, ass wipe, as high as 30 points in Oct 2007 against a more substantial field of candidates. But the party didn't end up nominating her then, so why must we assume (as many mistakenly did in 2007) that Hillary is the presumptive nominee?
Old 10-24-2014, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
From the link you posted.

"Years of disappointment and tension between Democrats and their president are now on open display as politicians, party leaders and strategists worried about their chances in the midterm elections begin casting about for someone to blame."

This is politics and electioneering at it's worst. Anyone can play the blame game. Has someone from either party suggested what they would have done differently?
Maybe to your point, apparently a Democrat has to be perceived as vulnerable in the upcoming election to have a public opinion about the country's response to Ebola.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ate-obama.html
Old 10-24-2014, 07:12 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Maybe to your point, apparently a Democrat has to be perceived as vulnerable in the upcoming election to have a public opinion about the country's response to Ebola.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ate-obama.html
We have lost more children to enterovirus 68 than people to ebola. Three cases iun a population of 300 million is 0.0000001%. Talk about a phony scare tactic yet it would seem that the people are so stupid and gullible they fall for this crap. Yes I guess we have the world's worst educational system
Old 10-24-2014, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
We have lost more children to enterovirus 68 than people to ebola. Three cases iun a population of 300 million is 0.0000001%. Talk about a phony scare tactic yet it would seem that the people are so stupid and gullible they fall for this crap. Yes I guess we have the world's worst educational system
Is that the latest talking point for the left, that Ebola is just a "phony scare tactic?" Do you want to try to explain that to this poor guy, that his symptoms, his testing positive while potentially exposing others in New York City of all places, is nothing more than just a phony scare tactic? Could you please explain this "tactic" to the New York Times, which has made this a page one, "above the fold" story?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/24/ny...city.html?_r=0

Apparently the New York Times is "so stupid and gullible they fall for this crap." I'm sure Dr. Spencer would like to hear how you think his illness is "crap".
Old 10-24-2014, 07:48 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Is that the latest talking point for the left, that Ebola is just a "phony scare tactic?" Do you want to try to explain that to this poor guy, that his symptoms, his testing positive while potentially exposing others in New York City of all places, is nothing more than just a phony scare tactic? Could you please explain this "tactic" to the New York Times, which has made this a page one, "above the fold" story?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/24/ny...city.html?_r=0

Apparently the New York Times is "so stupid and gullible they fall for this crap." I'm sure Dr. Spencer would like to hear how you think his illness is "crap".
Do you think Republican politicians would be using the same scare tactics if Romney was in the White House?
Old 10-24-2014, 07:57 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Do you think Republican politicians would be using the same scare tactics if Romney was in the White House?
Silly silly question. If there's anything Whell knows, it's about talking points and when to use them. Republican talking points good, Democratic points bad. The's Whell's message, every time.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
There you go again. You guys can't seem to view this issue through anything other than a political lens, I guess. Here you go, Finn. Here's a whole mass of reporters and city officials falling for the "scare tactic" yesterday in at a press confernce at Bellvue Hospital in New York: