Go Back   Political Forums > Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:08 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
that sums it up,there is a kinda good ol boys vibe going on for the most part and some are tolerated and others just plain get pounded in the ground and some are timid about coming into that atmosphere.For the most part everyone is polite and cordial.but you can sure tell when someone has ruffled someone especialy if it is the wrong person doing the ruffleing.I learned my lessons when I first came on board it is not to bad you just have to leave your emotions at the door ,for the most part.
I don't see the traditional 'Good Ol' Boys network thing here, I have some pretty deep disagreements with a couple of members here and they aren't wingnuts, see Finn and me in re: public employee unions. It's the words and ideas expressed that I judge someone's character on. If some teasipper drops in with a bag full of talking points straight off of Faux Noise and from Glenn Beckistan? I'm happy to badger them over it.

I still think that people who want to have multiple personalities across different fora are a little chickenshit, if used duplicitously. No offense but that's just me.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I'd like more folks, more folks, more viewpoints. But I can see why some won't. It can be rough here and AK folks are generally really nice.

Pete
The niceness isn't in the people but in the reason for our being there. I'm a REALLY sweet guy over there!

John

Last edited by Boreas; 01-10-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Area Man

Quote:
I'd like more folks, more folks, more viewpoints. But I can see why some won't. It can be rough here and AK folks are generally really nice.

Pete
They shy away because they can't win a single argument.................Pu**ies.

Regards,
Dave
Old 01-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Dey be intimidated by my astounding intellect, yo. Perfectly understandable.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

So true. I used to think this one unnamed guy was pretty sharp but then discovered bobs' a commie gowin'take my guns away

IF folks can get past the first real disagreement they may become better friends, and/or perhap sat least understand the other side better.

Or hate each other's guts and insult their stereos. Crappy boxes! Screechy horns! Distorted vinyl! Harsh CDs!

Pete
Old 01-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Admin

Quote:
So true. I used to think this one unnamed guy was pretty sharp but then discovered bobs' a commie gowin'take my guns away

IF folks can get past the first real disagreement they may become better friends, and/or perhap sat least understand the other side better.

Or hate each other's guts and insult their stereos. Crappy boxes! Screechy horns! Distorted vinyl! Harsh CDs!

Pete
Car stereos don't count, my friend! My crappy stereo here in my alloted 25 square ft. of our home is junk gutted from old tubed Magnavox consoles and rotting JBLs lovingly restored by moi hooked up to a $40 soundcard that I got from Bartertown. Sand and vacumm tubes rule! Hell, my CD player is the one in my homemade 'puter. It is funny how once we get past misconceptions about differences in politics we find we're more alike than different. Guess what, I do all repairs and maintenance on our vehicles too!

Last edited by bobabode; 01-10-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Resident octogenarian

Having been on AK a number of years not everyone over there is all sweetness and light.

As to not biting, that's about the only way to get a response around here. Make a reasonded and well thought out post and you will be underwhelmed by the number of responses.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Having been on AK a number of years not everyone over there is all sweetness and light.

As to not biting, that's about the only way to get a response around here. Make a reasonded and well thought out post and you will be underwhelmed by the number of responses.
Bite 'em, Rob.

Last edited by bobabode; 01-10-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post

As to not biting, that's about the only way to get a response around here. Make a reasoned and well thought out post and you will be underwhelmed by the number of responses.
So it seems, a number of my postings seem to be thread-stoppers.

Last edited by Pio1980; 03-30-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:34 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
So it seems, a number of my postings seem to be thread-stoppers.
It's kind of the way people are. No one stays up all night pounding the keyboard because someone is right on the internet....