Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:19 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
The lefty rant that "fake news" was responsible for "manipulating the election" as simply leftist sycophantic, fantastical drivel. You said it yourself - the impact cannot be determined exactly. In fact, it can't be determined at all, according to Comey. Your, and the rest of your lemming friends on the left - conclusion that Trump "got a push across the line" is pure fantasy, particularly in light of your admission that the impact cannot be determined.

Your claim that "fake news" influenced the election results is analogous to a steaming pile of crap.
Tell that to Comey. There are multiple reports that the FBI is investigating Breitbart and InfoWars for deliberately providing a platform for Russian (fake) newsbots. Moreover, last Monday Comey during his Congressional testimony specifically mentioned fake news as being within the scope of the ongoing investigation .

Last edited by finnbow; 03-26-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Tell that to Comey. There are multiple reports that the FBI is investigating Breitbart and InfoWars for deliberately providing a platform for Russian (fake) newsbots. Moreover, last Monday Comey during his Congressional testimony specifically mentioned fake news as being within the scope of the ongoing investigation .
I heard that. I certainly hope that the FBI chooses to "investigate" news outlets, and that the left cheers them on. It would certainly demonstrate how much the left hates the First Amendment...at least the press that they can't control.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:55 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I heard that. I certainly hope that the FBI chooses to "investigate" news outlets, and that the left cheers them on. It would certainly demonstrate how much the left hates the First Amendment...at least the press that they can't control.
So, I take it you think it's fine for Breitbart to collude with Russia to spread their fake news and for its boss to later become Trump's chief advisor. Who needs democracy when we can have a vain-glorious, compromised Putin stooge as President?
Old 03-26-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
So, I take it you think it's fine for Breitbart to collude with Russia to spread their fake news and for its boss to later become Trump's chief advisor. Who needs democracy when we can have a vain-glorious, compromised Putin stooge as President?
Show me evidence or proof that Breitbart colluded with Russia. You seem to have come to the conclusion that this collusion occurred, so let's see your proof.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:14 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Show me evidence or proof that Breitbart colluded with Russia. You seem to have come to the conclusion that this collusion occurred, so let's see your proof.
Comey's working on it, just as you hope. Meanwhile, Trump colludes with Fox to have Judge Jersey Girl renounce Ryan. More fun than a barrel of monkeys.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Comey's working on it, just as you hope. Meanwhile, Trump colludes with Fox to have Judge Jersey Girl renounce Ryan. More fun than a barrel of monkeys.
Well, based on your post, you've already reached that conclusion, so I'm curious what evidence you have that supports your conclusion.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:22 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Well, based on your post, you've already reached that conclusion, so I'm curious what evidence you have that supports your conclusion.
You believe both Trump and Judge Jersey Girl??? God help you.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:32 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
We have a democracy which is how Trump became President. Although your bemused head spinning is truly amusing.