Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
There so much plain hatred of Obama on the right that I really doubt that his sitting down with that lot would accomplish a damn thing. Just the mention of his name and they go apoplectic.
Exactly. There is no way the Republicans will support any plan. They aren't even pretending to try to make things better. They just want to deny Obama a "win" and hope to throw enough disinformation around to turn the public against him.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:34 AM

So what about the Dems that oppose anything without a public option? Who do they hate Ed?
Old 09-25-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
So what about the Dems that oppose anything without a public option? Who do they hate Ed?
I think they hate the fact that people are dying so the Insurance companies can make more money. You know, that problem that "we all agree" needs to be solved, but only one side is working on.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:29 AM

What about the 500+ amendments the republicans have put forth for the new bill? Is that not "working on it"? This is the trouble with trying to debate with liberals. Just because you say something, doesn't make it true Eddie. BTW, Beck's new book was in the store when I went this morning. The 20 dollar tag kept me from buying it though. I'll wait for the Missus to hand her copy down.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
What about the 500+ amendments the republicans have put forth for the new bill? Is that not "working on it"?
Well, I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a lot of earnest effort on the part of the Republicans to offer usefull changes. They're playing politics so they can come out later and say "we offered reasonable chages" yadda yadda "but we couldn't support a bill that only denies coverage to illeagals four times. We wanted it to be eleven times." Then they'll say something about abortion and call the President a liar, throw up their hands and storm out of the room.

By the way, I'm not suggesting that Democrats don't do the same thing when Republicans are in the majority.

If Republicans wanted to fix the health care problem they would have done it when *they* ran both houses of Congress and the White House.

Last edited by Fast_Eddie; 09-25-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:27 PM

I guess it wasn't that important after all. Looks like they called an early quit and went home for a long weekend.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
What about the 500+ amendments the republicans have put forth for the new bill? Is that not "working on it"? This is the trouble with trying to debate with liberals. Just because you say something, doesn't make it true Eddie. BTW, Beck's new book was in the store when I went this morning. The 20 dollar tag kept me from buying it though. I'll wait for the Missus to hand her copy down.
You could also say the the three guys beating on a new car with sledge hammers are "working on it"
Old 09-25-2009, 12:53 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
You could also say the the three guys beating on a new car with sledge hammers are "working on it"
As long as it's an import I'm fine with it

Pete
Old 09-25-2009, 12:58 PM

I'll beat the drum again...we need a Public Option. There is no competition in the private sector.

Fact: Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield had record profits in CT last year.
Fact: Anthem BCBS applied for and have been granted 24 to 32% rate increases for 2010 (they tried to have the increase retroactive to the approval, but were denied--deferring to the end of the current policy period, December 2009).
Fact: My heath insurance will now cost more than my housing.
Fact: My coverage is reduced every year, my deductible increases (now $5K with an HSA) and the costs still increase.

The Republicans are the biggest bunch of do-nothings, sore losers, and naysayers. They're pretty good bullies too--just like the insurance companies that are beating-up on their rate-payers with the ever-present threat of denial of coverage.

I would just love to take away the health insurance for anyone in the House and Senate who won't vote for a Public Option (what they get for free courtesy of the taxpayers)...let them try to buy coverage on their own darned nickel like the rest of us rate-payers.

Last edited by wajobu; 09-25-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Resident octogenarian

You expect those Congressional free-loaders to get their noses out of the trough? Never happen.