Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
And as much as the guy who was allegedly assaulted wanted to be a cop, he did not have a badge, and I sincerely doubt that he was displaying his concealed carry permit on his forehead.

The guy had no business carrying a gun if he was indeed operating as part of a neighborhood watch program. I would anticipate that the weapon gave him an added sense of confidence that he could get out of his car and handle the situation, regardless of the advice he had been given.

The legalities of the situation will be determined by Florida practitioners. The ethics of the situation are questionable.

Regards,

D-Ray
I will agree that the legalities of the situation will be determined by the Florida courts.

Chas
Old 05-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Loyal Opposition

Accused. Are we rushing to judgment.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-20-2012, 02:46 PM
Abby Normal

and another thing, by including that picture it seems you are suggesting that any young black kid that does not look docile is threatening and we should think of as a criminal.

This was a particularly offensive post and you don't even get why do you?

Last edited by noonereal; 05-20-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Loyal Opposition

Source? Isn't this the same detective that wanted to arrest Zimmerman on manslaughter charges on the date of the shooting?

I will cite you to another source that provides more objective detail than your unattributed allegations.

The kid was no saint, and Zimmerman was no hero. Nothing of which you accuse the kid however amounts to a capital offense.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-20-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Source? Isn't this the same detective that wanted to arrest Zimmerman on manslaughter charges on the date of the shooting?

I will cite you to another source that provides more objective detail than your unattributed allegations.

The kid was no saint, and Zimmerman was no hero. Nothing of which you accuse the kid however amounts to a capital offense.

Regards,

D-Ray

Ounce again my dear D-ray you show your inability to read, and your great desire to accuse me of saying what I did not say at all.

I posted what I did not see here on Political Chat ? I neither villainiesed Trayvon, who you all disrespectfully refer to as "The Kid", Nor idolized George in any way. I just showed a side of both that many refuse to see ?

I have read many half truths here, and a few imaginary, or totally fictitious accounts of this tragedy.

I believe George was trying to protect his hood. I believe Trayvon was misidentified by George as a suspicious character. And I know a tragedy ensued leaving Trayvon dead. What lead to the conclusion of all this, perhaps only God will ever truly know.

Unless some of you claim to be ...God ???
Old 05-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
Ounce again my dear D-ray you show your inability to read, and your great desire to accuse me of saying what I did not say at all.

I posted what I did not see here on Political Chat ? I neither villainiesed Trayvon, who you all disrespectfully refer to as "The Kid", Nor idolized George in any way. I just showed a side of both that many refuse to see ?

I have read many half truths here, and a few imaginary, or totally fictitious accounts of this tragedy.

I believe George was trying to protect his hood. I believe Trayvon was misidentified by George as a suspicious character. And I know a tragedy ensued leaving Trayvon dead. What lead to the conclusion of all this, perhaps only God will ever truly know.

Unless some of you claim to be ...God ???
First, once and for all, once is spelled without a "u."

Second, the opinions I stated about Trevon not being a saint and Zimmerman not being a hero are my own, and not intended to reflect on anyone else's opinion, except perhaps Zimmerman's.

Third, I did not pretend to render any judgment about what the ultimate outcome will be in this matter. I do believe that the cited article provides a more balanced view of the evidence than what appeared in your post.

Fourth, when you post allegations about Trayvon, in the absence of a citation to a source those allegations become yours. Hence my use of the term "accuse" when talking about the substance of your post.

Finally, as far as disrespect, I refer to my 22 and 23 year old sons as my kids, and assure that I am quite proud of those kids.

You should now conclude that I understand what you stated in your post. The purpose of my post was to provide further information to balance out what I gleaned from your post.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
I believe George was trying to protect his hood. I believe Trayvon was misidentified by George as a suspicious character. And I know a tragedy ensued leaving Trayvon dead.
Hence the issue with human error and readily available guns.

Obvious query: which category can we easiest reduce?
Old 05-21-2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Hence the issue with human error and readily available guns.

Obvious query: which category can we easiest reduce?

But the question Zeke is what escalated this situation into a life or death struggle ?

I know if I were Trayvon, I would have asked George "what's up", you live around here ? and that I am visiting friends here.

If I were George, I would have asked Trayvon if I could help him find an address, and that I was a member of the community watch. Or I would have just observed Trayvon from a distance, and informed the police of his whereabouts when they arrived.

I can't see an altercation developing unless someone became unnecessarily violent, but why ? Someone became more aggressive in this situation than needed, but who ? Could it be that they were both overly aggressive ?

George should have been in charge of this situation being that he was armed. but we all know of a police officers having their gun taken away from them, and some are shot, and some die.

Obviously George lost control of this situation ! And perhaps at this time in the situation had only one recourse at his disposal, shooting Trayvon.

Yes he lost control of the situation, and is responsible for Trayvons death.
But Murder, Homicide or Justifiable Homicide is the question ?
Old 05-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
But the question Zeke is what escalated this situation into a life or death struggle ?

Are your from Mars? It was the gun. The gun. Read what I have posted until you "get it'"

The GUN made Zimmerman a tough guy and do things he would not have, the GUN caused Trayvon to fight for his life and the GUN is what took a young man's life.

It was the gun that escalated this situation into a life and death struggle.

I have seen guns empower dolts my entire life, this is a very ordinary consequence of gun ownership.

Quote:
I know if I were Trayvon, I would have asked George "what's up", you live around here ? and that I am visiting friends here.

You have no clue what you would have done if you were a young black kid. My guess is you simply would have run. Most pompous folks choose this course.

Quote:
If I were George, I would have asked Trayvon if I could help him find an address, and that I was a member of the community watch.
See above, you have no clue what you would have done.

Quote:
Or I would have just observed Trayvon from a distance, and informed the police of his whereabouts when they arrived.

This is interesting. Why would you have called the police at all?
This is exactly the problem. Being black makes someone suspicious to you.

Quote:
I can't see an altercation developing unless someone became unnecessarily violent, but why ?
If I were being stalked I might become violet. Now add to that that Zimmerman admits he went for his cell phone and the kid saw the gun. This made it a life and death struggle to Trayvon didn't it? This also tells us why Zimmerman had to use the gun to defend himself. Like they say if you are gonna carry a gun you better be prepared to use it.

Quote:
Someone became more aggressive in this situation than needed, but who ?
Are you serious????? Are serious??????

A kid goes to the F in' store for candy. A guy follows him home. He confronts the guy asking him why he is following him. The guy lies and says he is not. The kid runs from the guy to see what's up. Sure enough the guy gets out of the car (proving that he had just lied and he was indeed following him) and pursues him on foot. The kid confronts him a second time and Zimmerman (admittedly) goes for his "phone." The kid sees the gun (again a quote from Zimmerman) and fights panic stricken no doubt.

Who the the mother F in' aggressor? Are you serious?

(notice I stayed with the fact as told by the defendant but I think you and I both know that Zimmerman went for his gun not phone but it does not matter because Trayvon saw the gun and must have been petrified)

Could it be that they were both overly aggressive ?

It would not change who was responsible from what Zimmerman himself has said.

Quote:
George should have been in charge of this situation being that he was armed. but we all know of a police officers having their gun taken away from them, and some are shot, and some die.
and had this poor kid been lucky enough to do this he would be convicted of murder not manslaughter faster than Zimmerman was arrested.

Quote:
Obviously George lost control of this situation ! And perhaps at this time in the situation had only one recourse at his disposal, shooting Trayvon.
Brilliance. You get this part. You seem to forget the part where this "situation" was caused by Zimmerman to begin with. Unless buying candy while black is considered a "situation."

Quote:
Yes he lost control of the situation, and is responsible for Trayvons death.
But Murder, Homicide or Justifiable Homicide is the question ?
Legally? I don't know.

Morally, he is a buffoon who committed murder.

Nothing Zimmerman did was justifiable.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:48 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
But the question Zeke is what escalated this situation into a life or death struggle?
Introducing a firearm.

Past that, it's all academic.