Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:40 AM

Sessions testified under oath he had no meeting with the russians. That statement was incorrect.
This begs a few questions. Why did he testify in such a manner? Did he forget? Did he deliberately lie? Did he disregard it because the meeting content was completely irrelevant to the testimony he was giving?

And then the big questions, do these reasons have any relevance to weather he should have reported this or not? And, do the answer to these questions change the outcome of the investigation or the penalty that should be imposed?

My thoughts, if he is in the position of AG, he should not be allowed the luxury of an "oops". He needs to go. If he is guilty of anything more than that, then an example needs to be made.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:44 AM

Rather ironic that we are talking about the Attorney General Of The United States Of America lying under oath, isn't it?

Carl
Old 03-02-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Rather ironic that we are talking about the Attorney General Of The United States Of America lying under oath, isn't it?

Carl
Exactly. This position cannot be allowed any wiggle room. The old "I didn't know defense" is not allowed and in this case should be considered an insult if offered. There is no room for error in this position.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:54 AM

I keep going back to, just why were they talking to the Russians in the first place? Also why are they denying it so vehemently and looking to or attempting a cover up?

I say Trump will quit before showing his taxes. To much to hide and wants to avoid prison time.

Barney
Old 03-02-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I keep going back to, just why were they talking to the Russians in the first place? Also why are they denying it so vehemently and looking to or attempting a cover up?

I say Trump will quit before showing his taxes. To much to hide and wants to avoid prison time.

Barney
That is the first question. Was it a simple introduction and hello, or was there anything at all discussed. If any discussions were made, no matter what they were about, it was a meeting and it should have been disclosed. And if this is the case, then the AG needs to be removed.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
That is the first question. Was it a simple introduction and hello, or was there anything at all discussed. If any discussions were made, no matter what they were about, it was a meeting and it should have been disclosed. And if this is the case, then the AG needs to be removed.
And he will be, if someone gives Trump some reason he can understand to care about ethics.

It's a fine point of law whether the senate can fire a cabinet officer. Nothing in the Constitution about it. I guess the remedy is to impeach the President if he doesn't do the right thing.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
As a sitting Senator, he wouldn't have spoken with Ambassadors from any number of countries, including Russia?
But that would be a perfectly acceptable reason, would it not? Why wouldn't he have said that in the first place? When asked, he could have said something like "as a Senator, I often have to speak with representatives from other countries, and I have had a few occasions to speak with the Russian ambassador in my capacity as a Senator, but not as a member of the Trump campaign."

That is basically what he's saying today. But the fact that he didn't say this from the start is concerning, and seems to indicate that he did, in fact, discuss the campaign with this person. And if that is proven to be the case, he may be unable to wiggle his way out of it.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:12 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Sessions testified under oath he had no meeting with the russians. That statement was incorrect.
It was not incorrect.

Incorrect would be if a 2012 Honda Accord goes by and you say "There goes a 2011 Honda Accord."

What Sessions did was lie.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:15 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
This begs a few questions. Why did he testify in such a manner? Did he forget? Did he deliberately lie? Did he disregard it because the meeting content was completely irrelevant to the testimony he was giving?
He didn't forget.

Forget is something you might say about your car keys. "I forgot where I left them".
Old 03-02-2017, 12:19 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I say Trump will quit before showing his taxes. To much to hide and wants to avoid prison time. Barney
The IRS audits his returns on a regular basis.

If there was anything in them that could send him to prison he'd be there now.