Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-04-2017, 02:26 PM

Whatever his views were in high school, I find no evidence that Mr. Gorsich is a fascist today. By all accounts, he is a highly respected and capable member of the bench who will make a fine Supreme Court Justice. Was Merrick Garland a better choice? In my opinion, yes. But Gorsich is a much more reasonable choice than I expected from our President, so it is not something to be outraged over.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Fortunately for you, idiocy isn't a crime or the statute of limitations would never run out on your life-long spree.
History will vindicate me.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN124308 View Post
Whatever his views were in high school, I find no evidence that Mr. Gorsich is a fascist today. By all accounts, he is a highly respected and capable member of the bench who will make a fine Supreme Court Justice. Was Merrick Garland a better choice? In my opinion, yes. But Gorsich is a much more reasonable choice than I expected from our President, so it is not something to be outraged over.
Right, hold it for Ginsberg's replacement.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Admin

Bork Gorsuch.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:18 PM

Anybody who wants to force their religion down my throat can go F themselves in Hobby Lobby's parking lot.
Next thing you know we will have an Ayatollah that the POTUS has to answer to,
then it will be Sunni-Shiite type wars over a paragraph in the bible.

There is not anything much more un-American than that nonsense.

Carl
Old 02-04-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN124308 View Post
His qualifications as a jurist are not relevant to hard core lefties, as evidenced by the OP and follow up comments in this thread. The objective is character assassination, not a debate of his qualifications.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
His qualifications as a jurist are not relevant to hard core lefties, as evidenced by the OP and follow up comments in this thread. The objective is character assassination, not a debate of his qualifications.
Because of the actions of McConnell, et al, the nominee's qualifications are not the only relevant issue right now. McConnell made it clear that the person who nominated the candidate is an overwhelming factor in even giving the nominee a vote. Some on the Republican side even pledged to keep the seat open for another four years. How long should the Republicans have to keep going before there is a price to pay for such shenanigans?
Old 02-04-2017, 04:40 PM

I say it is high time the Democrats play the game the same way as the Republicans!

Quit bringing, not even a knife but a fist, to a gun fight!!!!!!

Barney
Old 02-04-2017, 04:45 PM
Admin

Quote:
Anyone to the left of Atilla the Hun is a "hard core lefty" to you, Mike.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I would agree with your point; however, the Republicans started this by their refusal to hold hearings for Garland. I agree with d-ray that there is now more in play than the nominee's qualifications, and that is totally the fault of the GOP. McConnell's recent statements are laughable after he led a campaign not to have hearings for Garland. The Republicans set this abhorrent precedent, so forgive me if I don't fault the Dems for complaining now. Ultimately, I think Gorsich should and will be confirmed. But he'll have to deal with some unwarranted attacks because the Dems are rightfully pissed at being put in this situation.